VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey team I just recently got back in the vw game bought a 2005 golf 2.0l gas. Knew it had issues but we thought we had it solved by replacing the throttle body but then it moved to throttle pedal sensor so replaced that drove about 14km and the epc came back on and it went into limp mode. Now I have been told my cat is plugged but I’m not throwing any o2 codes at all. Is that a thing or should I start chasing grounds? Thanks
Communication Device Telephony Gas Font Gadget

Light Blue Communication Device Telephony Gadget

Light Telephony Communication Device Sports equipment Automotive tire

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fried ECM, but maybe the PO replaced the O2 before selling it?
PO was my lead singer and we replaced the throttle body together before I bought it. Lol loved this car so much I bought knowing it had issues. The exhaust was replaced 2 years ago and I was riding around in it up until November when it threw the throttle position sensor code. So since it wasn’t a bolt on part he decided to swap the throttle body

·
Registered
1999 Golf GTI 2.slow, 2001 Golf GTI 1.8t
480 Posts
But would the car still run? Like that day I drove it home and last Sunday I drove it a few miles with zero issues
¯\(ツ)

Fyi, P0222 is still in the throttle body (G188)

Check the throttle body connector for corrosion. If there's no corrosion, break out the multimeter and check the harness for continuity between the following pins on the T121 ECM connector (in the center of the rain tray) and the T6a throttle body connector.

From section 91/7 in the Bentley service manual, BEV engine code:
Color​
Throttle Body​
ECM​
purple/white​
T6a/1​
T121/92​
purple/red​
T6a/2​
T121/83​
purple​
T6a/3​
T121/117​
purple/yellow​
T6a/4​
T121/84​
purple/white​
T6a/5​
T121/118​
white​
T6a/6​
T121/91​

Did you replace it with an OEM or aftermarket throttle body? If the wiring looks good, I would return or exchange it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts