VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why am i throwing a CEL about my cat? i have the 3" ATP downpipe with the 2.5" straight test pipe and 2.5" miltek exhaust. i am chipped with upsolute and tons of other mods. check my sig for other mods. what can i do with this CEL. i get it reset and it is good for a day or two and then i t comes back on. WTF. please help. thanks,

· Registered
1,887 Posts
Re: (#1186)

I also have the same problem....1.8t 2.5 turbo back exhaust and i have the same problem i ahve had it scaned and they said it was the exhaust as well wont hut the performace but wont go threw emissions how do you fix this?

· Registered
1,475 Posts
Re: throwing a CEL (eurotuner 06)

The turbo is all the back pressure our motor needs. To get the best out any turbo, you want the least amount of exhaust as possible. Figure, the turbo reacts to the pressure difference between the manifold side of the turbine and the out-let side. The greatter the difference, the faster the exhaust will flow past the turbine and the faster the turbo will spool.
-Nick-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.