VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post and sorry everyone it's a rant.
I'm going to my second job throwing papers for the local ad laden ****ty paper (Patriot News) and I get pulled over for going ten over the posted limit (45mph) it's 2:30am when I get started off to the distribution center and there is seriously not one other person on this road. Now I normally would not be out at 2:30am in the morning unless I was in dire straights which I am because of this ****ed-up economy. I asked for leniency and if he could give me a warning. So he still writes me a ticket that comes out to $100 and two points deduction.
Can a person not have a little compassion at this time? Does he think I do this for fun? I don't dislike police but I get the general feeling around them of this air of superiority.
Now I just started this job because of the hole I am in with winter oil heating prices and higher gas prices. I was hoping to maybe come out on the top a little. Does anyone else feel that this government is slowly sucking people dry of any extra money or capital an honest person can get?
Does anyone have advice on fighting a ticket or at least being a general pain the in the ass to the court/cop when I plead not guilty?

Modified by fukdrnkdrvrs at 2:49 PM 3-16-2008

· Registered
18,870 Posts
Re: Tickets, cops, and the economy (fukdrnkdrvrs)

Sorry, speeding on a Friday or Saturday night shortly after 2 AM is dumb. That's when clubs close, and when enforcement ramps up. If the cop really wanted to be a dick, you would've been brought to the station for a blood alcohol test. Remember that for next weekend.

· Registered
13,107 Posts
Re: Tickets, cops, and the economy (leaftye)

Being a general pain in the ass is probably not the best idea if you want to get a ticket reduced. Great first post BTW. You're destined for great things here on TCL.

· Registered
I have a thing for Mazdas
7,333 Posts
Re: Tickets, cops, and the economy (CosmicTDI)

If he wrote you a ticket that came out to around $100, he was a little lenient because he probably wrote you up for "failure to obey a traffic control device" which, iirc, is a $106 fine after all the extra fees and such are tacked on. Other people from PA probably know this as "3111a" referring to the official code for that offense. However, if that is what he gave you a ticket for, you will not receive any points.

· Registered
5,663 Posts

Quote, originally posted by fukdrnkdrvrs »
Does anyone else feel that this government is slowly sucking people dry of any extra money or capital an honest person can get?
Modified by fukdrnkdrvrs at 2:49 PM 3-16-2008

Maybe we should ask some people who weren't driving 10 mph over after 2 am and see what they have to say in response to your question. For some reason, I think they'll think differently from you.
You sped. You got caught. Pay up and move on with life.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Tickets, cops, and the economy (retro_rocket)

So basically respect the guy, he's doing his job. I just don't like the idea of these inflated tickets to sponsor county or state programs.
But it's true I guess Saturday/Sunday mornings are a time to be wary of police. I don't drink and detest drunk drivers so it's not an angle I came at.
Is anyone else doing anything in there daily lives to help with higher gas prices, etc?

Modified by fukdrnkdrvrs at 2:59 PM 3-16-2008

· Registered
5,360 Posts

Does anyone else feel that this government is slowly sucking people dry of any extra money or capital an honest person can get?

When did the Federal Government start pulling people over for speeding? I hope you pray the democrats don't increase taxes if they win big in November.
Frankly, I'm still perplexed at this concept of local law enforcement pulling people over for traffic violations. Being from Miami, it's a rare thing to see.
That cop was an a-hole. Who were you a danger to at 2:30 am going 10 over?

Modified by umeng2002 at 6:33 PM 3-16-2008

· Registered
18,080 Posts

So basically respect the guy, he's doing his job. I just don't like the idea of these inflated tickets to sponsor county or state programs.
But it's true I guess Saturday/Sunday mornings are a time to be wary of police. I don't drink and detest drunk drivers so it's not an angle I came at.
Is anyone else doing anything in there daily lives to help with higher gas prices, etc?

Modified by fukdrnkdrvrs at 2:59 PM 3-16-2008

yea, im not driving as much, and i dont bitch about them because when i bought my vehicle, i bought a vehicle within my price range, and knew i would be able to afford gas for it no matter what... seriously, i dont get how ppl can be so upset about gas... you spend $15 bucks more at the pump... say you get 22 mpg... on a 15 gallon tank... and you drive 25,000 miles a year (yes that is a **** ton) you spend all of $1100 more a year... if that makes someone go broke, god do i feel bad for them.

· Registered
6,549 Posts
Re: Tickets, cops, and the economy (umeng2002)

Quote, originally posted by umeng2002 »

That cop was an a-hole. Who were you a danger to at 2:30 am going 10 over?

YA RLY FCKU THA COPZ FOR ENFORCING THA LAWZ!

OP, I'm sorry you got nailed with a speeding ticket in tough times, but you yourself admit you were speeding. As another poster already mentioned, what you were given was a reduced fine from what the cop could have given you. So be thankful for that.

· Banned
9,704 Posts
Cops are a form of taxation from your local municipalities. If your gonna blame anyone, blame your city.
I have this romanticized view of cops from old Charlie Chapin movies where they were twirling their beating sticks while walking down the streets maintaining order.
Nowadays, they just tax you for using the road.

· Banned
9,704 Posts
Re: (Techun)

Quote, originally posted by Techun »
You're mad because a cop wouldn't let you off for speeding? Why do you deserve to be let off?

Yep, unfortunately, unless your a fellow pig yourself, no leniency for you.

· Registered
6,549 Posts
Re: (20aeman)

Quote, originally posted by 20aeman »

Yep, unfortunately, unless your a fellow pig yourself, no leniency for you.

You sound like a 10 year old.

· Banned
350 Posts
Re: Tickets, cops, and the economy (umeng2002)

Quote, originally posted by umeng2002 »

When did the Federal Government start pulling people over for speeding?

Ever been pulled over in a National Park? That would be a Federal ticket. I've got one before. They SUCK.

· Registered
9,163 Posts

"distribution center"
You were probably leaving the Ritner on 81N toward Harrisburg, yes? Certainly you are familiar with PSP's crackdown in the area after the large quantity of fatalities. Everyone who is not out of town knows to slow down through there.

· Registered
3,021 Posts
Re: Tickets, cops, and the economy (2Cor)

Clubs close at 2am? Boring!
They close at 3am here.
Sorry I have nothing constructive to contribute other than don't speed whether it is raining, snowing, doom's day, zombies chasing you, 4am, or any time. Thank god they tolerate 20 over on the highways here.

· Registered
18,892 Posts
Re: Tickets, cops, and the economy (Nourdmrolnmt)

Quote, originally posted by Nourdmrolnmt »

yea, im not driving as much, and i dont bitch about them because when i bought my vehicle, i bought a vehicle within my price range, and knew i would be able to afford gas for it no matter what... seriously, i dont get how ppl can be so upset about gas... you spend $15 bucks more at the pump... say you get 22 mpg... on a 15 gallon tank... and you drive 25,000 miles a year (yes that is a **** ton) you spend all of $1100 more a year... if that makes someone go broke, god do i feel bad for them.
common sense.. it's what makes life so much easier

· Registered
4,039 Posts
Re: Tickets, cops, and the economy (Hey Porter)

Quote, originally posted by Hey Porter »

Ever been pulled over in a National Park? That would be a Federal ticket. I've got one before. They SUCK.

Very true. Usually those guys don't mess around either.
I (deservingly) got my @#$ chewed out by a cop outside of Mammoth Lakes, CA. After he calmed down, he chit-chatted and asked where I was going. Then said, "Oh you're going to Yosemite? One word of advice, the Park Rangers are real @#$holes there, complete jerks. They'll write you a ticket for 5 mph over, and take you to the Magistrate to pay it on the spot."
I thought it was a little ironic he called another police officer an [email protected]#hole after he just spent 5 minutes chewing me out. The little kid inside of me wanted to point that out to the officer, but luckily the mouth filter caught that one.
But I was honestly being stupid, and he did end up cutting me a break by only writing the ticket for 10 over.

Modified by BUJonathan at 7:00 PM 3-16-2008

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.