VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a ticking noise like i have a crack in my downpipe but also my turbo whine is much louder than before. Both noises started at the same time. COuld it just be a crack in the downpipe or is there something batty with my ko3 sport (this is turbo number two with only 20,000 miles on the car.) Gotta love v-dubs

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: ticking and turbo whine (VR64ANT)

anyone??? for those of you who have had a cracked down pipe what did it sound like

·
Registered
21,996 Posts
Re: ticking and turbo whine (VR64ANT)

a cracked downpipe is going to be loud. you are going to hear that exhaust leak.
if you have any question about it, put the car up on ramps, chock the wheels and crawl under while its running and carefully feel (dont touch anything though) for an exhaust leak.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Re: ticking and turbo whine (rockit)

A cracked downpipe will give you the exact symptoms you described, I had a TT downpipe that craked at the flange and it did the same thing. You will also start to smell some exhaust fumes in the cabin depending on the severity of the crack.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: ticking and turbo whine (StudiousPete)

thats exactly whats going on. Oh well ive been wanting to change out the TT 2.5" to the ghl 3" anyways. GHL here i come

1 - 6 of 6 Posts