VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just dropped a 2.0 in my bunny and i out a tt 268 in it. It ticks really loudly when i am just barely on the gas and rolling. If i rev it while not in motion then it doesn't do it. Anyone have any ideas? Sticky lifter? Its really annoying and i want to get it fixed. figured you guys might know...

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Re: ticking in head? (83 bunny)

are you useing hydrolic lifters? I had an 89 Audi 90 that did that.. its just a noise that the lifters make.. I was told to use a heavyer oil and sure enough it cured the noise.

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: ticking in head? (H2oVento)

I am taking the valve cover off this weekend. We are gonna see if we can figure something out. If we can't see anything then i'll try the oil. Thanks again man...

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Re: ticking in head? (83 bunny)

Gots to be the hydraulic lifters, assuming you used the x-flow head. If you kept an earlier head that is has solid lifters than adjust them. Hydraulic lifters are only like $10-$12 a piece and not that hard to install.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Re: ticking in head? (wetnrg)

If it only ticks when cold then it just means the lifters are worn. If it gets too annoying using thicker oil usually gets rid of it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Re: ticking in head? (Fast2.0L)

Hey Bunny you a$$...I told you I don't think it is the lifters but if ya don't wanna believe me fine!! Talk to you tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts