VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Ford EV sales reach a new milestone (and a record) in 2022...should Elon be worried?

• I think ze Germans are more worried.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think the Chinese definitely be worried.

• Yet another useless yet compelling post by Uber!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Audi S4, e-Tron, and a Toyota appliance
17,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, Ms. Barra. Ford is now #2 in EV sales right behind Tesla.

Ford's all-electric vehicle sales reached a new record. In July, the company sold 7,669 BEVs, which is 169% more than a year ago and 4.9% of the total volume (also a new record).

The company says that its BEV growth rate is outpacing the market's average and that the brand is now the 2nd biggest player in the BEV segment, after Tesla.

"Ford’s overall share of the electric vehicle segment is rapidly expanding. In July, Ford established 10.9 percent share of the segment its highest level on record. This compares to 7.3 percent in Q2 and 4.4 percent in Q1 of this year. Combined, Mustang Mach E, F 150 Lightning and E Transit are conquesting from competitors at a rate over 60 percent this year. Ford now ranks as America’s second best"
"Ford grew more than 3 times the rate of the overall electric vehicle segment in July."
The number includes 2,173 Ford F-150 Lightning electric pickups (a new monthly record), 4,970 Ford Mustang Mach-E (near record) and 526 Ford E-Transit.

Ford BEV sales in the US - July 2022
  • Ford Mustang Mach-E: 4,970 (up 74%)
  • Ford F-150 Lightning: 2,173
  • Ford E-Transit: 526
  • Total: 7,669 (up 169%) and 4.9% share
external_image
So far this year, Ford sold over 30,000 all-electric vehicles (up 94% year-over-year).

BEV sales in YTD:
  • Ford Mustang Mach-E: 22,645 (up 43%)
  • Ford F-150 Lightning: 4,469 (new)
  • Ford E-Transit: 3,534 (new)
  • Total: 30,648 (up 94%)
Ford is expected to hit 200,000 cumulative plug-in electric vehicle sales this quarter, potentially within weeks.

In this place, we would applaud Ford for providing full sales data of its all-electric vehicles (even those usually counted together with conventional counterparts), which not only allows us to track results but is the right industry practice.

Ford F-150 Lightning
The Ford F-150 Lightning, with 2,173 delivered last month (a new record), is quickly becoming one of the best-selling electric vehicles in the US.

According to the latest news, the electric F-150 has been delivered in all 50 US states.

Ford Mustang Mach-E
The Ford Mustang Mach-E remains the company's top BEV by volume with a near-record 4,970 units in July (up 74% year-over-year). Cumulatively, almost 50,000 were sold in the US.

The gross stock of Mach-E in the US is estimated at about 5,200 (at dealerships and in transport, we assume), compared to about 6,700 in the previous month.

Ford Mustang Mach-E production - July 2022
One of the most important pieces of news is that the production volume of the Ford Mustang Mach-E in Mexico increased to a new record of 7,872, after several slower months.

The numbers exclude China, where the Mach-E is locally produced and sold.

The total production this year exceeded 41,800, while cumulatively it is over 112,000.

external_image

Ford E-Transit
A total of 526 Ford E-Transit were sold in July, while year-to-date it's 3,534. According to Ford, the E-Transit completely dominated the US electric van market with a 95% share of the segment.

"E-Transit sales through July totaled 3,534. Ford E-Transit represents 95 percent of the electric van market through July of this year."
According to previous reports (a few months ago), the company had more than 10,000 orders on hand. So as we said before, at the current rate, the entire production for 2022 is sold out.

Other plug-ins
Unfortunately, Ford does not report sales of other plug-in models, like the Ford Escape PHEV. Lincoln's PHEV sales were not revealed either.
Insideevs

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Good. I hope Musk ruins Tesla like he ruins everything. I want my Ford stock to go to the moon.

• Haha
Reactions: fireside and todras

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Although the Mach-E shouldn't have Mustang in the name it sure looks better than a Tesla. It also retails around 15k cheaper than a Model Y.

·
Registered
9,366 Posts
I have a general dislike of Ford products. Even so, the way they're kicking so much ass with their first serious EV products (I don't count the Focus Electric) there's no way they aren't going to be solidly successful for the foreseeable future. Every reporting period is going to be a record for a while as they ramp up production to meet the pent-up demand.

·
Registered
2009 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited
3,281 Posts
I'll just sit over here and wait for a crate motor electric conversion for my two Lincolns.

·
Registered
13,400 Posts
Although the Mach-E shouldn't have Mustang in the name it sure looks better than a Tesla. It also retails around 15k cheaper than a Model Y.
Depends on the trim level. The Y performance and Mach-E GT are pretty close in pricing (especially when you consider that you are probably stuck with dealer adds on and the like with Ford)

·
Registered
2009 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited
3,281 Posts

·
Registered
15,241 Posts
Anyone see Burnette lately?
I'm right here bro, hope all is well with you and fam as we get ready for the weekend (y)

As for the topic, it gives me a case of the whatevs.

Hey Uber! Wishing you an awesome weekend too(y)

I bought something electric and it came today
Picture frame Wood Floor Gas Flooring

The old one had major issues, freezer went out, then the fridge section... this new one is nice.

We're going ice cream shopping today😁

·
Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg
24,085 Posts
I had no idea the E-Transit was in production already and they sold almost as many of those YTD as the F-150 Lightning. For anyone wondering how many businesses would actually want electric vans. I think you have your answer. They want them very much, they just don't post about it on forums.
They're huge for final mile logistics. My friends Ford store is dying to get their hands on more. Companies are begging to get them.

I'm on a project with my friends Chevy store, and I think I accidentally sold 50 Silverado EV's to a large construction company. They picked up a Colorado from me, and when I mentioned the Silverado EV to the VP, he called the CFO on the spot.

It's gonna be huge.
The old one had major issues, freezer went out, then the fridge section... this new one is nice.
You should have bought a gas powered fridge.

·
Registered
15,241 Posts
They're huge for final mile logistics. My friends Ford store is dying to get their hands on more. Companies are begging to get them.

I'm on a project with my friends Chevy store, and I think I accidentally sold 50 Silverado EV's to a large construction company. They picked up a Colorado from me, and when I mentioned the Silverado EV to the VP, he called the CFO on the spot.

It's gonna be huge.

You should have bought a gas powered fridge.
I hope Samsung doesn't say, "keep outside of the home, because fire, yo" :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
26,310 Posts
I mean, Tesla sells around 300k units a year. Good for Ford, but I wouldn’t be ringing the victory bell just yet.
But it is interesting to watch. Tesla's lead in EV surely won't last. The question is when they will be caught and who will do it. The only thing stopping traditional OEMs like Hyundai and Ford from selling more EV now is lack of battery supply. And instead of replacing Model S and X, Tesla is wasting time and engineering resources on Elon's vanity project like Cyber Truck which is the automotive version of Emperor's new clothes... everyone knows it is a joke except I guess Elon himself.

When that battery plant comes online in Tennessee, Ford is going to catch up with Tesla pretty fast, maybe even leapfrog it. Ford is on record saying it plans to sell 600k EV a year as soon as 2024 and 2 million by 2026.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts