VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
installed mine today and the slop is gone but i still have left and right play while in gear. Any idea on how to fix that problem?
Same here. Havent readjusted my endlinks yet though. There will probably always be a bit a play.

Discussion starter · #23 · (Edited)
installed mine today and the slop is gone but i still have left and right play while in gear. Any idea on how to fix that problem?
nice, ill look into swapping the other bushings under the shifter boot.

heres a link to all the bushings and part number
http://www.auto-parts.spb.ru/cat/au...MTvhoTerPkkcb5aCj86BJY9dvAShu1fZm5AGCGMx3L3jQ

From my investigation looking at how the dynamics of the shifter works there is some play coming from the "#21, #22" bushings on mine. now the question is the play due to wear on these bushings or normal variable.

I too notice play in this area.

I have ordered 1k0 711 067 and 1k0 711 067A. I wish someone made solid billet versions of these... ...though I suppose if I replace EVERYTHING else with billet (as planned) then something has to dampen the diesel clatter!

Discussion starter · #26 ·
I too notice play in this area.

I have ordered 1k0 711 067 and 1k0 711 067A. I wish someone made solid billet versions of these... ...though I suppose if I replace EVERYTHING else with billet (as planned) then something has to dampen the diesel clatter!
Cool, keep us posted. Yeah solid ones there would feel sooooo nice.

I bought this but I have no idea how to take out the old one. I tried removing the 2 torx screws that holds down the plate on top of the bushing but it doesn't come out that way it seems.

Can someone please advise me on how to take out the old bushing?
Thanks.

I bought this but I have no idea how to take out the old one. I tried removing the 2 torx screws that holds down the plate on top of the bushing but it doesn't come out that way it seems.

Can someone please advise me on how to take out the old bushing?
Thanks.
Put it in neutral, remove shifter boot, pop hood, disconnect both shifter cables (remove clip and slide cable ends off the pins) go back in car remove the two torx screws from reverse lockout plate, pull up on shifter assembly and pry off old bushing with a small flat head screw driver, grease new bushing then reassemble.

PS: you have to disconnect the shifter cables in the engine bay to have the wiggle room to pull the shifter assembly up and get more access to the bushing.
Sent from my ADR910L using Tapatalk 2

Bump for useful thread.

Just did this last night and what a difference it makes. AND the part is only like $13 at the dealer.:thumbup:

Put it in neutral, remove shifter boot, pop hood, disconnect both shifter cables (remove clip and slide cable ends off the pins) go back in car remove the two torx screws from reverse lockout plate, pull up on shifter assembly and pry off old bushing with a small flat head screw driver, grease new bushing then reassemble.

PS: you have to disconnect the shifter cables in the engine bay to have the wiggle room to pull the shifter assembly up and get more access to the bushing.
Sent from my ADR910L using Tapatalk 2
Thank you soo much! :thumbup:

I used all-purpose grease ..for anyone wondering

Only noticed a little difference but it's still worth it. I ended up cutting about an inch off my shifter from stock height ..it feels much better now :) All i need is the diesel geek ss now.

is the same procedure for a 5 speed 02j? i found the part online and it says its for 6 speed transmissions :banghead:

is the same procedure for a 5 speed 02j? i found the part online and it says its for 6 speed transmissions :banghead:
Hit up the dealer and bring the part number. It was only like $12.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.