VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've installed an Android headunit into my car, and it works fine, however, when I press the voice activation button, my digital display above my steering wheel will change from showing my KM/H, to instead showing "Voice Asssistant Activated" or something. This is really irritating because it no longer shows my speed, and because i'm using a new headunit, the feature doesn't do anything.

I'd like to disable the feature, but keep the button activated - as it currently operates as a mute on my android head unit.

Likewise, I'd also like to disable the call button - again, it works on my android headunit, but it also switches from my speed display to show something like "No phone connected" or similar. I'd like to keep the button active, but disable the feature.

Thirdly, my rain sensor must be broken because I turn on the intermittent wiper, and it wipes once, and that's it. It will never wipe again. I've tried all positions on the stalk. I went to VW and they threw a bucket of water on it, and said it's fine. But it's not - in a rainstorm or snow storm, it never works reliably and instead I have to put it on the fast wiper, which is really annoying especially when it's only lightly raining.

Is anyone able to help me?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 HiHy Platinum AWD
21,009 Posts
The rain sensor... I had that happen when I bought the car new... but the dealership could not replicate it. So the next time it was raining, and the rain sensor wasn't working (same pattern, one wipe, then doesn't wipe again)... I left the car running at the dealership and then they acknowledged the problem, which they saw first hand.... (I did go to that length)... and they replaced the rain sensor for me under warranty

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.