VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
im still trying to do research on this, but wouldnt the spring rate be too different for the Tiguan if using MK7r springs?

but i have heard/been told the same, any MK7 springs or coils will fit. if going air, you will need performance series, A slam series strut won't work. The performance series had to be extended to get the bag above the tire so it wouldn't rub.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You can also use the Slam series.
It is accroding already finished projects of a few buddies that i know.
And i am also planning to go this route.

I guess the strut to tyre rubbing issue depends on the wheel and tyre dimmensons.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I you for example go to the bagriders site and order a kit for the Tig, it gives you in the options the same kits and pn#'s as the golf gti/r.

It is the same chassis, the Tig is bassicaly a big golf.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I you for example go to the bagriders site and order a kit for the Tig, it gives you in the options the same kits and pn#'s as the golf gti/r.

It is the same chassis, the Tig is bassicaly a big golf.
you can't even select the new tiguan on the bagriders site.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
well, i have confirmed!!!

both GTI and Golf .:R springs and coils WILL FIT the 2018 Tiguan!

here is a photo of the OKC VW 2018 Tiguan SE with 4Motion running H&R springs (from a GTI) and with 20" Rotiform IND-T wheels.

Reactions: jdmltntdi

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

here is a photo of the OKC VW 2018 Tiguan SE with 4Motion running H&R springs (from a GTI) and with 20" Rotiform IND-T wheels.
Interesting. Which do you think would be lower? Gti or golf r springs? Golf r might sit a little higher due to the extra weight.

Did you speak to these people directly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Interesting. Which do you think would be lower? Gti or golf r springs? Golf r might sit a little higher due to the extra weight.

Did you speak to these people directly?

well, i still have my reservations about using GTI springs. specifically spring rate and the difference in weight between the two vehicles.
going off of GVWR my Tiguan (2018 SE with 4Motion) only weighs 838lbs MORE than a 2016 GTI SE, with DSG/LP. going off of the golf .:R my Tiguan only weighs 706lbs more.

but in the end, i would go with the .:R springs, just for the fact that they are made with Haldex in mind and is a heavier car than a GTI.

unfortunately i did not speak to them directly, OKC VW is a co-sponsor of the club i am in and this Tiguan was at the Eureka Springs Euro Rally show this past weekend. but from what i have been told, is that the ride quality is great! but personally i think time will tell on using GTI springs hahahaha.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm wondering if something like the Eibach pro kit for the mk7 golf R would work better. It doesn't give as much of a drop on the Golf R so maybe the added weight of the Tiguan would make it sit nicely. Those gti H&R's look almost bottomed out.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I'm wondering if something like the Eibach pro kit for the mk7 golf R would work better. It doesn't give as much of a drop on the Golf R so maybe the added weight of the Tiguan would make it sit nicely. Those gti H&R's look almost bottomed out.

that is actually my worry as well.

spring rate and the fact that the Tiguan is a solid 800lbs heavier than what the springs are intended for.
if going the route of getting Golf springs, i recommend going with the .:R springs. they are made with a heavier vehicle in mind at least. because as you stated, these springs look like they are bottoming out and ride quality probably isnt there.

however,
i did confirm through Urotuning and they confirmed through Solo-Werks that the Solo-werks coilovers are Platform specific to our Tiguans (2018+) spring rates and matched valving and they are priced well! (499 with free shipping).

but i will be honest, i have never ran Solo-Werks before nor have i heard anything good or bad about them. so take that with a grain of salt.

but to get into coils for only 499 shipped, may not seem too bad to start with. definitely not spending 4k on air suspension :laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that is actually my worry as well.

spring rate and the fact that the Tiguan is a solid 800lbs heavier than what the springs are intended for.
if going the route of getting Golf springs, i recommend going with the .:R springs. they are made with a heavier vehicle in mind at least. because as you stated, these springs look like they are bottoming out and ride quality probably isnt there.

however,
i did confirm through Urotuning and they confirmed through Solo-Werks that the Solo-werks coilovers are Platform specific to our Tiguans (2018+) spring rates and matched valving and they are priced well! (499 with free shipping).

but i will be honest, i have never ran Solo-Werks before nor have i heard anything good or bad about them. so take that with a grain of salt.

but to get into coils for only 499 shipped, may not seem too bad to start with. definitely not spending 4k on air suspension :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Part# for those solo-werks coils?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I've pulled the trigger on the Eibach pro kit for the mk7 golf R.
Part# E10-85-041-01-22

After seeing what the GTI H&R sports look like on the new Tiguan above, the mk7 Golf R Eibach Pro kit made more sense.

Firstly, the Eibach's won't drop as low as the H&R's to begin with. And the spring rate for the Golf R is designed for the extra weight of the AWD system.

We'll see how she looks.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
So I've pulled the trigger on the Eibach pro kit for the mk7 golf R.
Part# E10-85-041-01-22

After seeing what the GTI H&R sports look like on the new Tiguan above, the mk7 Golf R Eibach Pro kit made more sense.

Firstly, the Eibach's won't drop as low as the H&R's to begin with. And the spring rate for the Golf R is designed for the extra weight of the AWD system.

We'll see how she looks.
cant wait to see what it looks like! please post pictures.

i am going to be purchasing some coils this weekend, figured there will be some labor day sales going on that i can take advantage of.

·
Registered
286 Posts

now begs the question, what size are those rotiforms?

1 - 20 of 396 Posts