VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
341 - 360 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
After following this thread and the aftermarket wheel thread I made a decision. Shoutout to everyone in this thread for their help and anyone I reached out to for assistance and questions!
H&R Tiguan specific lowering springs
Rotiform Las-R 20x8.5 ET 35
Factory hankook tires off the 21 R line

had the setup for a few weeks now no complaints
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
22,407 Posts
So I drove my wife's Tiguan for the first time at night since lowering it two weeks ago and I noticed the headlights are REALLY low.

This might be a stupid question but I searched this entire thread/18 pages for "headlight" and nothing came up (other than someone's BEC headlights in their signature), but for those with the factory LED's and leveling sensor in the rear...how do we readjust the headlights back up after lowering? The car thinks the back is loaded up so the headlights are pointing way down.

·
Registered
Current: 2021 Tiguan SE R-Line Black 4-Motion Previous: MK4 GTI, B7 A4, MK6 Jetta, MK7 Jetta
344 Posts
Anyone running the EMD MK7/MK7.7 Golf R lowering springs on their Tiguan? Looking for slightly more drop than the oem r spring

·
Registered
127 Posts
On my wife sportwagen i have zip tie the sensor
So I drove my wife's Tiguan for the first time at night since lowering it two weeks ago and I noticed the headlights are REALLY low.

This might be a stupid question but I searched this entire thread/18 pages for "headlight" and nothing came up (other than someone's BEC headlights in their signature), but for those with the factory LED's and leveling sensor in the rear...how do we readjust the headlights back up after lowering? The car thinks the back is loaded up so the headlights are pointing way down.
On my wife Sportwagen, i have put a tie wrap between the sensor and the arm, so it can't move anymore.

I did this before lowering the car, so the headlight are at the normal height.

I plan to do this on my tiguan as well

·
Registered
30 Posts

Theirs a white knob with a hex behind the headlight turn it and it will adjust the lights up and down. I did it to my Tiguan when I bagged it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22,407 Posts
On my wife sportwagen i have zip tie the sensor

On my wife Sportwagen, i have put a tie wrap between the sensor and the arm, so it can't move anymore.

I did this before lowering the car, so the headlight are at the normal height.

I plan to do this on my tiguan as well
Theirs a white knob with a hex behind the headlight turn it and it will adjust the lights up and down. I did it to my Tiguan when I bagged it

Thanks for the suggestions...I too thought of just disconnecting the arm and doing the same, heating up the connecting rod and bending it, etc, etc but after searching the web and the forums there is plenty of information out there to correct the headlight level.

Also about the adjusting with the white knob...I read that one shouldn't adjust the factory LED lights using the white knob until putting the module in the adjustment mode.

With that said...I was going down that route this afternoon with first looking for module 55 Headlight Range in VCDS but my wifes '19 Tiguan (July build date) didn't have that module. I found that the headlight adjustment is in module "4B Multifunc Module"...click on "Basic Settings" and from the drop down menu choose "Headlight adjustment start" and click "Go" and the headlights should rise (mine did, went up about an inch or so...car was about 2ft from the garage door with markings of the "original after lowering" light cutoff before starting this process)...this is also the time to make adjustments with the white knob if needed. Also an error message will show up in the gauges stating "Error Dynamic cornering light" and then it goes away during this process. Once its done with its self adjustment and/or a manual adjustment with the white knob, click the "Stop" button and from the drop down menu choose "Headlight adjust stop" and click "Go" and then a few seconds later click "Stop" and the adjustment will be saved. All of this information/steps is explained in a little popup bubble after choosing the option from the drop down menu in Basic Settings in VCDS.

For haha's I checked for fault codes before and after this process and it was clear of any. I also started the car, shut it off then started it again and it kept the adjusted height. I'm happy that I didn't have to make further adjustments with the hex key...I did take the car for a spin around the block not to long ago in the dark and it looked and "felt" normal again.

·
Registered
2018 Tiguan sel premium 4motion
7 Posts
I recently installed the H&R lifting springs and the vehicle tops out anytime you go over a bump at speed.

My installed said that the struts are too short for the length of the springs…anyone having this problem or have any solutions?

·
Registered
7 VWs currently, list in signature
2,056 Posts
I recently installed the H&R lifting springs and the vehicle tops out anytime you go over a bump at speed.

My installed said that the struts are too short for the length of the springs…anyone having this problem or have any solutions?
Yes, the shocks are too short. One possible remedy is to put the stock springs in and install these if you want to lift your Tiggy:

Forge Atlas/Tiguan/V2 all MQB Lift Kit

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Anyone running ST coils for the Tiguan? Info shows a drop of 1.2-1.4" which would be about the same as h&r springs. Just trying to see if those numbers are accurate or not since pretty much every other coil drops 2+ inches.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Tiguan sel premium 4motion
7 Posts
Yes, the shocks are too short. One possible remedy is to put the stock springs in and install these if you want to lift your Tiggy:

View attachment 109751

Forge Atlas/Tiguan/V2 all MQB Lift Kit
have you used these? My only experience with spacers are bad. They rode very stiff and were horrible over bumps.

is pushing the whole strut down 1.5 inches not a problem? I would think it would compress the suspension giving it less travel.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
have you used these? My only experience with spacers are bad. They rode very stiff and were horrible over bumps.

is pushing the whole strut down 1.5 inches not a problem? I would think it would compress the suspension giving it less travel.
Yes, running them with the V3s. No harshness at all.

With the front suspension, both the strut and spring get spaced as a unit. On the rear, they suggest a longer shock

·
Registered
2,056 Posts

·
Registered
2021 VW Tiguan
21 Posts
Hi i have purshased Golf R coils for my 2021 Rline this weekend. I'm in questionment about the negative rake at the rear. Do you have any experience to share with me ?

Thank you

·
Registered
41 Posts

Hi i have purshased Golf R coils for my 2021 Rline this weekend. I'm in questionment about the negative rake at the rear. Do you have any experience to share with me ?

Thank you
I installed the Golf R springs, as well as the EMD reverse rake adapter pads, and this was the end result. To me, it sits perfect with the spacers, and I would highly recommend them... especially, whereas, it is a reverse rake that you are trying to counter.

341 - 360 of 396 Posts