VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
361 - 380 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
22,407 Posts
I installed the Golf R springs, as well as the EMD reverse rake adapter pads, and this was the end result. To me, it sits perfect with the spacers, and I would highly recommend them... especially, whereas, it is a reverse rake that you are trying to counter.

I concur with said statement.

Here is my wife's Tiguan with the same setup...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well guy's, don't buy BC coilover if you don't like front cluncking suspension...

I'm taking it off this weekend

Found 2017 golfR spring that were took off when the car was new and ordered the EMD reverse rake adapter

Will make the install this weekend and see if i like it, but for under 200$ total it's a no brainer

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I saw someone earlier in this thread used coilovers for an arteon, but has anyone used arteon springs on their Tig? Curb weight is closer than golf R and it's still mqb based.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’m looking to lower the tig r line just enough to get that perfect stance and thinking of going with 20’s for the summer anyone have any suggestions for the perfect setup ? Keeping stock shocks and also compatible with the self leveling headlights ?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
To those that are lowered, how are the roads you drive on? What setup do you have? how's the ride?

Our Tiguan is a kid and dog hauler that does some lengthy road trips. I would like to drop it a bit (1-2in), but I have always gone with the eibach/koni setups on previous vehicles and I don't see it available for the Tiguan. I carry quite a bit of weight in the back when traveling so I would like specific to the Tiguan components. Help

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think I'm ready to lower my silver 2022 Tiguan SE R-line Black edition.

Planning on ordering:

*H&R springs Part# 28755-5
*EMD Auto MQB Reverse Rake Adapter Pad Kit
*Tiguan Flush Kit - Full Set of Hubcentric Wheel Spacers 15mm/20mm

Going to order from UroTuning and have my local Euro mod shop install.

Am I forgetting anything? I'm running stock 19s.

Also, for the guys that are lowered, has VW given you any static when bringing the car in for service? This is my first VW in exactly 20 years and I recall them being pretty chill about my 2000 Wolfsburg Jetta. I've modded several cars since, just have no idea how VW dealers react to minor mods like suspension.

I bought the wheel and tire protection and maintenance packages and plan to keep the Tiguan for a few years.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 Tiguan SE R-Line 4Motion
30 Posts
Hey everyone! New to vortex. Recently purchased 2021 SE R. Been looking over every post for dropping the MQB Tiguan. The amount this group covers is so awesome. Been following the Golf R spring results and seems like a good choice but has been interesting to see people go back and forth on them. The one thing I've I noticed is that alot of people are not doing any struts or shock changes with different springs. So I've been digging for awhile and found (Bilstein 46-276001). B8 struts and shocks with eibach springs. I'm probably going to wait till after winter this year. The drop is listed at 30-40mm. But I'm kinda hoping with the upgraded struts/shocks it will be a little more mannered.

Product Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes. US site. That was the rabbit hole. If you search per vehicle. It doesn't exist. So I started looking at different different year Tiguans and even golfs because I know some stuff is interchangeable with the MQBs. I ended up contacting them and then received a response confirming it is listed for 18-21 Tiguan. You have to search bilstein 46-276001.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey everyone! New to vortex. Recently purchased 2021 SE R. Been looking over every post for dropping the MQB Tiguan. The amount this group covers is so awesome. Been following the Golf R spring results and seems like a good choice but has been interesting to see people go back and forth on them. The one thing I've I noticed is that alot of people are not doing any struts or shock changes with different springs. So I've been digging for awhile and found (Bilstein 46-276001). B8 struts and shocks with eibach springs. I'm probably going to wait till after winter this year. The drop is listed at 30-40mm. But I'm kinda hoping with the upgraded struts/shocks it will be a little more mannered.

View attachment 127009
What’s the part number for the windchill springs ? Been trying to find the proper ones for a while now !! Been going back and forth with eibach shop for days !

·
Registered
18 Posts
What’s the part number for the windchill springs ? Been trying to find the proper ones for a while now !! Been going back and forth with eibach shop for days !
I'm seeing that as well. Summit says 2/21 est. So I might just pre-order through them. If you pay with a credit/debit card. They don't charge till it ships.
Sorry Eibach **

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thank you sir ! Aren’t these for the allspace tho ? Isn’t the allspace a 7 seater ? I have a 5 seater wouldnt they be different for the 5 seater ?
Yeah. I did notice that. I don't think the weight of the extra seat is going to make or break the ride quality specifically? But I thought it was worth a try to test this out. See if it comes in between the pros and cons of the R vs H&R. I'm hoping it being matched to dampers meant for drop springs will help that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah. I did notice that. I don't think the weight of the extra seat is going to make or break the ride quality specifically? But I thought it was worth a try to test this out. See if it comes in between the pros and cons of the R vs H&R. I'm hoping it being matched to dampers meant for drop springs will help that.
I hear you buddy , if anyone else knows please chime in !!!!

·
Registered
2020 VW Tiguan SE R-Line-Unitronic Stage 1+, Neuspeed BBKs, 2 sets of custom forge wheels
151 Posts
I don't get it. What is special about the Bilstein 46-276001 for $1100-$1326. Looks to me that it's just the B6 Bilstein Struts and Shocks with the Eibach Pro Kit springs. I can kit this for $862

361 - 380 of 396 Posts