VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
381 - 396 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Tiguan SE R-Line 4Motion
30 Posts
I don't get it. What is special about the Bilstein 46-276001 for $1100-$1326. Looks to me that it's just the B6 Bilstein Struts and Shocks with the Eibach Pro Kit springs. I can kit this for $938.
Price is high for sure. It's also B8s not B6. So they should be setup a bit better with the drop spring vs a stock damper.

·
Registered
2020 VW Tiguan SE R-Line-Unitronic Stage 1+, Neuspeed BBKs, 2 sets of custom forge wheels
151 Posts
Price is high for sure. It's also B8s not B6. So they should be setup a bit better with the drop spring vs a stock damper.
Even with the Bilstein B8s and eibach prokit spring it’s still $930.

I am doing the Bilstein B6 on stock springs. Hopefully this will get rid of that hideous noise when the Tiguan hit a big drop.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah. I did notice that. I don't think the weight of the extra seat is going to make or break the ride quality specifically? But I thought it was worth a try to test this out. See if it comes in between the pros and cons of the R vs H&R. I'm hoping it being matched to dampers meant for drop springs will help that.
Just got an email from eibach shop , t I sent them my engine code and they said these are the right springs https://eibachshop.com/index.php?p6787,eibach-pro-kit-springs-skoda-kodiaq says for their fut a skids big they are fit Tiguan aswell

·
Registered
2021 Tiguan SE R-Line 4Motion
30 Posts
Even with the Bilstein B8s and eibach prokit spring it’s still $930.

I am doing the Bilstein B6 on stock springs. Hopefully this will get rid of that hideous noise when the Tiguan hit a big drop.
The 1300 is just the stated msrp. Summit is selling the kit for 1100. But you are right. Maybe it would be cheaper to just buy the components separate.

If you are bottoming the absorber out, why not go for the B8's?

·
Registered
2020 VW Tiguan SE R-Line-Unitronic Stage 1+, Neuspeed BBKs, 2 sets of custom forge wheels
151 Posts
The 1300 is just the stated msrp. Summit is selling the kit for 1100. But you are right. Maybe it would be cheaper to just buy the components separate.

If you are bottoming the absorber out, why not go for the B8's?
What I meant by the hideous thumping noise is when the Tiguan went over a big drop on the road. The noise is awful.

·
Registered
505 Posts
What I meant by the hideous thumping noise is when the Tiguan went over a big drop on the road. The noise is awful.
+1

Kinda like VW knows about this (how could they not).

Reactions: ckspeed68

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looking at full coil over kits from various manufactures and oem pricing for Golf R components with rear spring spacer they seem pretty comparable. I don't really care about ride height adjustments, and just want to lower 2" or so. The Tig has higher mileage so when I do it I would want to to the shocks and struts bearing plate etc. Will the MK7/GTI GOLF R struts and shocks fit as well or just the springs? is there any advantage if they do fit over the stock Tig MQB shocks and struts? My main goal is just to lower and get rid of the annoying bottoming out of the front suspension over speed bumps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looking at full coil over kits from various manufactures and oem pricing for Golf R components with rear spring spacer they seem pretty comparable. I don't really care about ride height adjustments, and just want to lower 2" or so. The Tig has higher mileage so when I do it I would want to to the shocks and struts bearing plate etc. Will the MK7/GTI GOLF R struts and shocks fit as well or just the springs? is there any advantage if they do fit over the stock Tig MQB shocks and struts? My main goal is just to lower and get rid of the annoying bottoming out of the front suspension over speed bumps.
From what I've read most people didn't feel a sacrifice in ride after lowering. This is probably due to the coils being progressive rate. Get some lowering springs and stick with stock shocks and struts in the beginning along with larger sway bars. I've installed a larger rear bar on our 2020 Tiguan S with 17" tires. The ride is actually smoother as the sway bars also acts as a stiffer spring. When one side goes up and down the other side of the bar counters and will push back against it. The little irregularitys in the road are pickup by the tires rather than as oscillation of the shock and springs thus the smoother ride and more stable feeling.

From what I've gather the stock shocks are a hair short so on the upward bounce it tops out. By getting shorter progressive rate springs and stiffer bar(s) you probably won't top or bottom out unless it's a huge pot hole. You don't want buyer's remorse on a suspension setup that you may have to reverse.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ha ha, yeah I wanted to find a happy middle as I need a little clearance for snow still, as well as ice build up in the wheel wells but wanted a tighter handling setup.

Its been settling a little bit so it looks pretty even now. I was shocked to see that the stock suspension has the rear higher but its so high you don't really notice the half inch, where as at the height I'm at you notice even the quarter inch difference. We'll see how it goes before I get the alignment done Thursday. The decision I need to make now is whether I cut the shock towers for easier access to the camber plate. Anyone done this before on any vehicles they've owned? I would likely put some good waterproof gorilla tape over the hole to keep it water proof.
Did you ever make a decision on the camber adjustment, curious to see if you had to alter the shock tower. I am debating between the Golf R, Coilover setup are you still sold on the BC Coilovers? Any noticeable rebound noise on the front struts over sharp drop offs small pothole/speed bumps? thanks for the research you've done helps us all out!

·
Registered
524 Posts
The front right still has a rattle I can't find, but otherwise very happy with the fit and adjustability of the BC's. I did end up cutting small access holes for each of the allen bolts and had a proper alignment done. Ride is really good.

·
Registered
524 Posts
How did you manage to fix the left side ?
Left side never really had the rattle. Funny thing is that as a passenger I can barely make out the rattle on the right side which is why my wife hardly complains about it when I'm driving....strange. With the rough icy tracked roads now its really obvious. Its got to be subframe or top mount/strut bracing somewhere at this point as I've changed the cylinder now and can't think of what else it would be...everything on the suspension on both sides is tight so the knock is traveling through the assembly from somewhere. The sound resonates from the top mount as far as I can tell but that just might be where the sound finally travels up and ends and where I can hear it from inside the car. I still think its when this shock tops out (the knock is from little bumps so not hitting potholes or whatever that would cause it to bottom out), much like the OE struts do that others have complained about (myself included). Since I've corner balanced the car, this is the one strut that is slightly lower then the drivers side so I'm thinking of raising it a quarter inch at a time and see if it goes away. It doesn't make sense because if I go higher its more likely to top out more. If this wasn't a full coilover set I would think of cutting the bumpstops like others have done with the R springs and stock struts but I'm assuming BC would have built that right...Would be interested if its more than just the two of us with this issue. I am staying on the higher end of the adjustments as I don't want to go too low but now that I think of it, I don't recall the knocking when I was a little lower on the front end from my original install.

·
Premium Member
22 | VW | Tiguan SEL R-Line | Oryx White
306 Posts
Anyone noticed issues with APR RSB, part SUS000007. Rattling, squeaking noises? Anyone have a fix? Had the APR dealer reinstall the RSB and it's worse off then it ever was before. Is it possible that H&R bushings might fit and correct the issue? Thoughts?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just throwing this out there.
I really want the first ones, but yea...

381 - 396 of 396 Posts