VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Man...I got nothing on this one. I just don't get these stupid challenges.

Reactions: 2016vwturbo

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Been getting a lot of emails from the school district lately about Tik Tok challenges where kids steal bathroom products (toilet paper, liquid soap, sanitizer, etc.). Stories like this make me fear for our future :unsure:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Been getting a lot of emails from the school district lately about Tik Tok challenges where kids steal bathroom products (toilet paper, liquid soap, sanitizer, etc.). Stories like this make me fear for our future :unsure:
My wife is a teacher and her school is a living hell right now. Kids are stealing and destroying everything for Tik Tok. There's already been multiple arrests and charges pressed but it isnt slowing down. There has been stuff stolen from teachers and also the challenge to hit a teacher has everyone on edge.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I honestly have no idea the appeal behind apps like this. People are this starved for attention? Is this app not just a way for China to gain information?
The problem is that so many kids think they will grow up and become a youtube/twitch star. The reality of that is terribly low. But thats the motivation right now. Not college or trades.

·
Premium Member
19,383 Posts
I did this once, and it was great. Wheels were frozen to the hubs on an old Toyota Sequoia I had. Some old timer told me to back the lug nuts off a couple turns and gently bump into a curb to knock the wheels loose. Worked like a charm.
You had chain of custody from start to finish.....

This.... is not that.

Reactions: Raguvian

·
Registered
'95 S6 Avant '04 Touareg v10
4,764 Posts
The problem is that so many kids think they will grow up and become a youtube/twitch star. The reality of that is terribly low. But thats the motivation right now. Not college or trades.
we need more trade jobs and skilled workers!!!! Not these kids with their dumb phones and stupid tiktoks!!!

·
Registered
22,302 Posts
Here is the problem. Yes, this is probably another hoax "trend", but as with every hoax, it will convince at least a handful of idiots to do it. My eight year old foster kid, who we don't let have access to it (but has an account from being with her dirtbag mom), thinks that every song is a "tik-tok" or meme. No, just a song. She also thinks that everything is a trend, from her classmates that never put the damned phone down.

·
Premium Member
11,801 Posts
TikTok is yet another social network that can't (or won't) regulate its own poisonous content. (n)(n)
At what point are they liable for enabling and encouraging criminal behavior? The "kool-aid man challenge" was bad enough (extensive property damage), but this wanders into direct personal harm.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts