81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
Hmmm …OT...No.
“Firearms and Hunting”
“AR-15 Thread”
Several members of this community and across the country have an AR-15 for home defense including myself.
Post involves an AR-15 used in a home defense situation.

Local News Source - http://wtvr.com/2017/03/27/home-invaders-shot-dead-at-wagoner-county-residence/

Getaway driver arrested - http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/three-people-shot-killed-after-broken-arrow-home-invasion

But we haven't had a good gun thread in oh so long. I had to word vomit on the Maryland thread because someone used my trigger words. :laugh:

But Dianne Fuherstein says no one uses AR-15 for home defense?! This "incident" is such a false flag operation.:p

·
17,761 Posts
Only if you want to be accused of racism and have the thread end about like this:

That's only for page 1.

The rest of the thread devolves into this:

·
Registered
2018 Atlas R-Line; 2019 330xi M-Sport
32,652 Posts
Hmmm …OT...No.
“Firearms and Hunting”
“AR-15 Thread”
Several members of this community and across the country have an AR-15 for home defense including myself.
Post involves an AR-15 used in a home defense situation.

Local News Source - http://wtvr.com/2017/03/27/home-invaders-shot-dead-at-wagoner-county-residence/

Getaway driver arrested - http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/three-people-shot-killed-after-broken-arrow-home-invasion
You're obviously reading into this a little too much...

·
Registered
41,655 Posts
My AR9 lower is finally out of FFL purgatory. Building and shooting it this weekend. I'll report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Your grip looks familiar....

And funny you should mention that lower. I have a SR-15 that I just got some accessories for.

I am kinda testing out Jason Falla's high sight on the gun concept he has for his SR-16 hence the Sidelok riser.

The beauty is I can still use my irons through this set up as well. Will get picks after I mount everything.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Started build #2.

This but with the EPT FCG and a stripped Anderson lower from the local "hardware" store.

I know, I know. Tacticool mallninja but I've always liked FDE mixed with black on these rifles. May get a reflex sight. Next one will be a bare bones A2 w/ carry handle.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Well my next project is to try to build up this rifle as close as possible.

Got a decent deal on an new MR556 upper. I could not justify a real HK416 upper since those things cost as much as a used Accuracy International.

I already have plenty of lowers to build upon, and even better yet, my KAC lower is a perfect match to the upper with its 2 stage match trigger compatible with the HK system.

Of course my state won't let me SBR but it will most definitely go in for a cut down and re-profile of the barrel to 14.5 with a pinned Surefire Brake.

Already got:
1. Aimpoint T2 on Scalarworks 1/3 lower mount
2. Magpul Pro LR BUIS
3. Raptor Charging Handle
4. Obligatory Surefire Scout with appropriate Haley Strategic Offset mount and Surefire Pressure Pad

I just need the Geissele HK rail and Steiner DBAL.

I hate money, love guns...

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Yep. There is something kinda Scifi/Cyberpunkish that I like about that short stubby design that the HK has due to its higher sight rail and all the crap stuck to it.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Well here is stage one.

I am using my SR30 lower at the moment. I have a bare Noveske Gen II that is going to get built up with as many HK parts as I can get and this upper will eventually sit on that.
They said the 2 stage KAC trigger will trip the firing pin safety of the MR/416 uppers. I'll be testing it tomorrow. I also have a stock LMT lower as well to try it on.

Ok they were right. The freaking upper is heavy and I mean like 8+lbs alone heavy! With everything seen here its just under 9.5lbs!

My KAC SR-15 is just probably tipping 7lbs and I have a LMT MRP 16" in full MK 18 mod 0 configuration that probably weighs just over 8lbs, sights, lights, Aimpoint and all.

Oh yea, this barrel is going to get cut down and re-profiled. Hoping to shave 1-2lbs doing that. I don't care for the MR or Match Rifle configuration HK decided to try to market this as.
In the time honored tradition of civilian HK to military HK configurations, this one is going to get converted to HK416 14.5 SOCOM profile.

It is also too bad it did not come with the quad rail. Many of the websites advertising still show the quad, but I had suspicions that I was going to get the HK proprietary keymod and I was right. The rail is freaking sold. I swear you could stop rounds with it. Which is also not helping in the weight department. But I already got a Geissele 10.5 HK rail on the way.

·
17,761 Posts
How the hell do you have all these in CA. Do the contents of your special wallet exempt you from the laws or what?
1. Stocking up was/is a real thing
2. Bullet buttons

Haven't you heard of a California reload? :laugh:

·
17,761 Posts
I didn't notice the button... what about the other "features?"
A quick read of the situation says ARs need to be registered by Jan 1, 2018... but no one knows how this process is done. Typical CA gubmit action.

While I do not condone illegal activities (like converting to FA or selling private party to prohibited persons), this is one of those idiotic laws that is unjust; I have no qualms with people not registering their rifles.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
How the hell do you have all these in CA. Do the contents of your special wallet exempt you from the laws or what?
My special wallet only gets me "off list" handguns and magazines. But I am not exempt AW laws of this state.

So stocking up was a real thing. I got enough AR lowers before the end of last year to make up several rifles. And enough non AR pattern exotic rifles to keep me busy. Nothing new on the horizon has peaked my interest so far. And even then that has not stopped CA from getting ARs. They just cant use the Bullet Button anymore. We have other work around these days. Because our idiotic CADOJ did not get the registration website going until this month, the deadline for registration has been stretched till 7/1/2018. And that has a freaking whole bevy of lawsuits awaiting it. But the more pressing concern is our ammo ban or ban on being able to just order online or go to a store and just buy it while buying groceries etc. We are going to end up going to a worse version of Illinois FOID system.

I didn't notice the button... what about the other "features?"
Yea, it has a Raddlock Bullet Button which can be converted from a BB function to regular mag release function (free state use of course). Since the lower was acquired last year so this gun could be "registered" and kept in its original configuration and with all the evil features I could want.

81 - 100 of 106 Posts