VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i know most of you on here are still waiting for your R32's to get delivered, but i have had mine for a couple of months and i am already thinking of selling it.
I always wanted the R32 from the first day I saw it because at the time i had my 1.4 litre MK4 golf. However circumstances changed and instead of the R32 I bought an Evo VII with 350+bhp. After getting fed up with the reliablity issues of the Evo (gearbox/clutch/tappets/AYC) i bit the bullet and bought an R32.
Maybe i have been spoiled in owning the Evo, but the golf just does not inspire me. While it is a very adequate car, it just doesnt give me the same sort of buzz that i got from the insane Evo. It handles well, loads of grip, goes well enough and is truely luxurious inside compared to the Evo but the smiles per $$$ factor just aint the same.

On this note i think it is time to say goodbye to the Golf...while prices are still holding well and the car is desireable. Back to a "rice" motor for me... got a test drive in an R34 Skyline next week....
So it may be farewell from me to the Vortex once again

Modified by MK4_Fraz at 4:58 PM 1-14-2004

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Time for it to go..... (FLY-GTI1)

R32 was great, only problem i had was the fuel release button popped off, which got replaced within 30 seconds of getting back to the dealer.
4500 trouble free miles... not a squeek or rattle... I highly recommend an induction kit as the first modification as the sound of the V6 is transformed.
It is a fantastic car, but unfortunately just not the right car for me, like you said i am a horsepower junky so the skyline seems like the right way to go.

· Registered
2,421 Posts
Re: Time for it to go..... (Turbo Veedub)

Quote, originally posted by Turbo Veedub »
Hey, I'm sure many people here would take a skyline if they could get one. I'm sure you get more than just horsepower for what you'd pay for one of those. Have fun.
i would take a skyline over any car on the market. period.

· Registered
2,421 Posts
Re: Time for it to go..... (N2N)

Quote, originally posted by N2N »

Pretty much what he said... 'cept maybe for an F355.

ok yeah i would take a f355 over a skyline but thats it!
.....except for maybe a new bentley gt

· Registered
18,164 Posts
Re: Time for it to go..... (MK4_Fraz)

Quote, originally posted by MK4_Fraz »
but the golf just does not inspire me. While it is a very adequate car, it just doesnt give me the same sort of buzz that i got from the insane Evo. It handles well, loads of grip, goes well enough and is truely luxurious inside compared to the Evo but the smiles per $$$ factor just aint the same.

As someone else said, it sounds like you're a horsepower junky. So my question is, why not put a blower
on the R32? It's got more than enough potential for monster power. It just needs a little help.
ian

· Registered
2,387 Posts
Re: Time for it to go..... (MK4_Fraz)

I understand what you are going through. I was on the wait list also for a R32 and just happen to test-drive an 03' Evo and I picked one up the next day. I lusted after the R32, but it did not have enough initial horse-power for me. I have been driving my GMC Typhoon for the last 2 year's and could not go to another car that is slower. My truck is so much quicker than the Evo that I am ready add some bolt-on's to open her up. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
2,359 Posts
Re: Time for it to go..... (Daemon42)

Quote, originally posted by Daemon42 »

As someone else said, it sounds like you're a horsepower junky. So my question is, why not put a blower
on the R32? It's got more than enough potential for monster power. It just needs a little help.
ian

HAH! Damnit Ian, you beat me to it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.