VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a PC last year and have a bunch of Blackfire stuff. The Blackfire stuff works okay, but I'm looking for something with a little more... POP!
I'm planning a good detailing soon and I'd like some recommendations for polishes and waxes. I'd like to use the PC so I'm looking for wax that you can apply with a machine.
Price isn't a huge deal, I'm looking for spend around $50 for both the polish and wax.
Thanks guys!

· Registered
971 Posts
Re: Time for Spring Detailing - Product Recommendations (INADAZE)

I've used Menzerna polishes (SIP, specifically) and that worked wonders on hard VW clear. For the LSP, I went with a sealant (Zaino and Klasse SG) instead of a wax so I can't help you there, although I've applied P21S before via PC (and LC blue pad), which worked fine I guess.

· Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Time for Spring Detailing - Product Recommendations (Jesstzn)

I figured I'd clay the entire car after a quick wash and then use a polish. The only polish I have right now is the Blackfire polish. As far as pads go, I've got a couple different colors, LC black, white, and red. Will those do or should I pick up the orange pad as well? It's supposed to have more cutting power.
Short story long... I'd like recommendations for a polish and a final finish product.

· Registered
11,491 Posts

I don't know what the Blackfire polish is like.
I'd pick up an orange pad and Optimum Compound and Optimum Polish.
exceldetail.com sells them. Patrick there is very good .. I have dealt with him a bunch .. also he has WW M/F drying towels on for $9 and they are great .. I have been using mine now for a month

· Registered
1,846 Posts

I use Menzerna polish, glaze, and FMJ. I just did a gray Porsche GT3 and the owner and his son noticed the difference in color. It was darker and much shinier. PO-106 is the best polish I have ever used on newer finishes HANDS DOWN.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.