VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Lexus GX460, 2005 Lexus GX470, 1973 IH Scout
16,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been considering a FJ Cruiser off and on for the last 2.5 years but Toyota never seems to have great incentives.
With the gas pedal PR disaster, is now the time to buy a new Toyota? Has anyone heard of dealers willing to make killer deals since they can't get anyone into the showroom?
On Feb. 2, Toyota will announce January earnings and the recall problem’s current impact will be better known. In addition to Ford and GM, Hyundai has implemented discounts to attract Toyota owners. An Edmunds.com rep indicates that Honda and GM are probably gaining buyers as a result of Toyota’s problems. The share of people intending to purchase a Toyota-brand model fell to 10 percent Jan. 27 from 13 percent a day earlier, while GM and Honda each rose 1 percentage point to 15 percent and 12 percent, per Edmunds.com, based on an analysis of visits to the site.
Bloomberg
Toyota’s U.S. Dealers May Lose $2.47 Billion a Month (Update2)
• U.S. dealers who sell Toyota Motor Corp.’s namesake brand may lose as much as $2.47 billion in combined monthly revenue because of the halt of sales of eight models:
• Toyota brand dealers would each miss out on $1.75 million to $2 million a month in revenue from new and used versions
• Hyundai Motor Co. yesterday joined Ford Motor Co. and General Motors Co. in offering discounts to lure Toyota owners
• The company’s U.S. market share may fall to 14.7 percent in January, the lowest since March 2006.
• Dealers are preparing to replace accelerator pedals in 2.3 million recalled vehicles that have a part that may be defective. Profit from that service work may blunt the damage from lost new and used car revenue.
• Rivals Honda Motor Co. and GM probably are gaining buyers as consumers shy away from Toyota brands, The share of people intending to purchase a Toyota-brand model fell to 10 percent Jan. 27 from 13 percent a day earlier, while GM and Honda each rose 1 percentage point to 15 percent and 12 percent.

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
Re: Time to buy a Toyota? (BltByKrmn)

maybe by summer. Who knows, if everything is resolved, Toyota may actually have a an overall safer product.

as far as the FJ? why not? I like the new shade of gray or charcoal they have available. Saw a base with the black steelies and looked awesome http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by gonzo08452 at 7:46 AM 1/29/2010

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
Re: Time to buy a Toyota? (gonzo08452)

Resale values will actually be reasonable hopefully...in line with the rest of the market.
I hate looking at 3rd gen 4runners for 12K with 150,000 miles. WTF!

·
Registered
44,112 Posts
Will this affect my tax refund? Should I ship my Christmas packages earlier this year? I already raided my local gas station and have 50 gallons of gas stashed in my garage just in case.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.