VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I got under the car and it looks like the control arm is bent actually its about to snap at the joint. The axle doesnt look bent but both ends (tire end and trans end) are flexing and the axle does rub against the frame.
The radiator is pushed back along with the fans and the support is destroyed. Luckily its just the radiator support that is bent. Other than that it looks to be just body work which can be taken care of later.
Anyone know where to get a radiator support?

· Registered
4,075 Posts
Re: (MKIII Golfer)

ouch, hit a curb with my golf last winter and it looked like that...control arm broke clean off

meh guess it'll teach me to use my handbrake more wisely

good luck with the fix http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (MKIII Golfer)

Quote, originally posted by MKIII Golfer »
WTF Happened?

Really really tired, no steet lights forgot about the T intersection. Tried to slide around the corner and hit the curb with the rim, jumped into the woods. Unfortunately it was downhill and all rocks so before i could get it towed out i had to remove some pretty large rocks.

· Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks man, whats funny is i was DDing the other night and while driving i saw all these other cars and i realized there is no other car that i want besides mine. Even newer GTI's just dont do it for me plus with all the time and money invested in mine i just couldnt imagine getting rid of it. Ill post updates.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.