VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think i'm gonna start a website called timeslip.com (or something of that nature) and offer time slips from the race track of your choice. i think it'll be really popular with the automotively challenged who prefer cut springs and "altezzas" to performance enhancing modifications. it'd be pretty simple really; for $10 or so (less than a visit to the track) i'll print out a time slip with whatever time and whatever track name you want on it. that way when someone asks you to back up all the BS about your 11 second SOHC 1.5 Non-Vtec civic you can reach into your glove box and pull out your authentic time slip. i think it's a killer idea as there seem to be many more automotively challenged folks than actual enthusiasts. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
38,608 Posts
Re: Timeslip.com (cultwagen)

it's so stupid that it's a good idea. of course it would be a pretty good scam while it lasted though. i mean totally bogus time slips are the perfect accessory to cut springs, improper wings, and bad suspension setups.
more power to ya!
obin

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Timeslip.com (Obin Robinson)

now, i just need to secure an "authentic" printer and spread the word. maybe i'll become a vortex banner advertiser.

·
Registered
38,608 Posts

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

no doubt. i'm halfway there. maybe i can get autozone and Jesse James to endorse my product. they seem to be on the forefront of the "why would you do that" wave.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts

Hey after the "power scoop" fiasco, I wouldn't put anything past the Pep Boy crowd.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts

ricers get plenty of money to waste on altezas and ghey bodykits, i'm sure you will make a ton on those stupid fools.

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'21 Jeep JTR '12 A4q
17,761 Posts

Quote, originally posted by cultwagen »
i think i'm gonna start a website called timeslip.com (or something of that nature) and offer time slips from the race track of your choice. i think it'll be really popular with the automotively challenged who prefer cut springs and "altezzas" to performance enhancing modifications. it'd be pretty simple really; for $10 or so (less than a visit to the track) i'll print out a time slip with whatever time and whatever track name you want on it. that way when someone asks you to back up all the BS about your 11 second SOHC 1.5 Non-Vtec civic you can reach into your glove box and pull out your authentic time slip. i think it's a killer idea as there seem to be many more automotively challenged folks than actual enthusiasts. what do you guys think?

and don't forget the options to list the 'mods' of the car, so we can all be impressed by thier 1.5 LSD, strenghten pumpkin, cut springs, and raised compression on the geo metro 'vertible.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Obin Robinson »
it's so stupid that it's a good idea. of course it would be a pretty good scam while it lasted though. i mean totally bogus time slips are the perfect accessory to cut springs, improper wings, and bad suspension setups.
more power to ya!
obin

I totally agree, lots of $$ to be made here.

·
Vendor
ID.4, 997.1
15,430 Posts

You need to get a supply of almost-white ink, as used at most dragstrips. Making it difficult to clearly scan the timeslip should be a top priority!

·
Registered
203 Posts

there was a guy selling a bunch of his old timeslips on ebay (i think in the 12 second range)? i could have sworn i saw it on here.

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Timeslip.com (DORI_cracka_DORI)

yeah, i know. one of the fastest CRXs in FWD drag racing right now is owned by a chemical engineer who has tuned a carbed SOHC 1.5 non-Vtec to ridiculous capacities. i think his fastest time is in the 10 second range if he hasn't broken into the 9s yet. he had a good article in honda tuning a couple months ago. being a chemical engineer he said he understands what fuel molecules and spray patterns are doing and said he could tune his carbs to be better than FI anyday.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts