VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm working on a 1.5 vw rabbit diesel motor that had the timing belt removed before I bought it and am trying to set up the timing belt. I have the timing tools coming and want to know where the TDC mark typically looks like on the 1.5 motors on the flywheel and also how I properly find the right positon for the timing belt for the fuel injection pump.

normally I mark eveything when changing a timing belt including the fuel injection pulley but since this motor had it removed I don't know what is the proper position for the fuel injection pump pulley when the motor is at TDC and the cam is locked dowm.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jim
;)

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Hi,

I'm working on a 1.5 vw rabbit diesel motor that had the timing belt removed before I bought it and am trying to set up the timing belt. I have the timing tools coming and want to know where the TDC mark typically looks like on the 1.5 motors on the flywheel and also how I properly find the right positon for the timing belt for the fuel injection pump.

normally I mark eveything when changing a timing belt including the fuel injection pulley but since this motor had it removed I don't know what is the proper position for the fuel injection pump pulley when the motor is at TDC and the cam is locked dowm.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jim
;)
How to set the timing on your VW diesel

1 - 2 of 2 Posts