VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*edit: ran a search and found some helpful threads and info.... germanautoparts.com lists it for $19 but I need it asap how much more do you think it runs at the dealer parts department?
What's the problem you ask? It's seized
Has anyone had this problem before? About how much do they run new at the dealer? Sorry for the questions but this is a first for me... As you can see from the pics below the outside of the belt had the shizzle ran out of it from rubbing on the pulley..I'm so glad it didn't snap.. Now I'm changing all the belts, thermostat, adding my turn2 lower mount, and changing a couple seals... The worst part is I just changed all the belts less than 30k miles ago but should have replaced it then
... Thanks for any and all info you guys could give me........
You can see the where the groove in the pulley left a mowhawk on my belt

her current state until I get the rest of the parts needed

the good ol' days 2 weeks ago

Modified by blackoutA3 at 2:00 AM 6-30-2003

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Re: timing belt tensioner problems..... (blackoutA3)

Have you tried http://www.parts4vws.com? They are in Cali and could get it for you much faster then Adirondack (germanautoparts.com). Never bought one from the dealer but I would bet a testicle they are more expensive the parts4vws or Adirondack.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: timing belt tensioner problems..... (MikeBlaze)

Quote, originally posted by MikeBlaze »
Have you tried http://www.parts4vws.com? They are in Cali and could get it for you much faster then Adirondack (germanautoparts.com). Never bought one from the dealer but I would bet a testicle they are more expensive the parts4vws or Adirondack.

Due to the fact I needed to get it back on the road by wed I bought it at the dealer.... 40 dollars

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Re: timing belt tensioner problems..... (blackoutA3)

Quote, originally posted by blackoutA3 »

Due to the fact I needed to get it back on the road by wed I bought it at the dealer.... 40 dollars

Not bad for the dealer...only twice as much as the parts places!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts