VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my car tinted about a week ago and now I'm noticing that little bubbles are appearing on my passenger side front and back windows. Is that normal? I'm not sure about the driver side, I need to check. If it's not normal should I call them and ask if they'll redo it?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Tint done at Pats? (GTIRacerGuy)

I called them and they said if the bubbles don't go away then I should bring it back so they can redo it. However, when I was checking it again this afternoon I found a small piece of tint in the tint on the small triangular window in the back. Which means I am going to have to bring it back to get changed.
Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Re: Tint done at Pats? (2k1 vr6)

yeah... the bubbles around the window are hard to get out cause of the spots on the window its self... you NEED to wring all the water out of the tint in that area... i took a butter knife and a t-shirt and pushed on the tint every other day till a week later... and today... no bubbles around the edges...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Re: Tint done at Pats? (2KGTI-t)

I had the same problem with my tint from pats. Sean was cool about it though. When I brought it back he said the tint was sucking up dust so he redid the windows. If you bring it back, I'm sure he'll fix it.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Re: Tint done at Pats? (veedub3)

yeah, Sean's cool. Remember, he runs Kaizo, so he's always promoting at their parties and stuff, so when he comes in to work at PATS, he's tired. If he messes up, he'll fix it no problem. I had my tint done by the dealership ( part of the deal), but if I decide to go darker I'm going to PATS

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Tint done at Pats? (babytease)

Does he redo all the windows? I have to check all the windows because I've found that some of the other windows have stuff under the tint itself. As for the bubbles, they're not even on the edges, they are in the middle of the window. I still think he did a good job, and I'm very happy that he is willing to fix it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts