VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my silver g60 i have no tint , and i think it looks clean. on my black g60 i bought it with tint, but the hatch has a bunch of bubbles. i might just retint the back(it get's hot in ca. and it has black leather) or peel it all off. what do you think? i'm leaning towards no tint, but i'd like to see pics of both, to see how it looks on a black corrado...thanks larry

[Modified by G60RRADO, 4:58 AM 11-30-2001]

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Re: tint or not to tint (G60RRADO)

Like VW1990Corerado said, 35% looks great, and on a black car even more so. My opinion. I have a white 90G60 with limo tint in the back quaters and hatch, with 35% on the door windows (Texas gets real hot).

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Re: tint or not to tint (jininkan)

On my black G60 it looks great with the darkest tint that is legal. I don't exactly know what % the previous owner did, but it looks amazing... Very stealth.
On the silver it might look nice to go a little lighter. I've seen a few with just a mild tint and it looked really good.
Peter

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Re: tint or not to tint (daredvl2b)

quote:[HR][/HR]On lighter cars I wouldn't tint. For darker cars yes. [HR][/HR]​
I agree. I had tint on my black C, and I thought it looked great, but I had a couple scratches etc so I pulled it all off, and I thought it looked awesome with perfectly clean, clear glass. I'm going to leave the tint off.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Re: tint or not to tint (snowbird)

My C is black with black leather. About 6 months ago I got limo on the back 3 and 55% on the 2 sides. It kept the car a lot cooler than in the previous summer. Sometimes I find the limo tint a bit too dark at night though. These are the only 2 pics I found online, not much help
edit: spelling

[Modified by slc92goddess, 12:39 PM 11-30-2001]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.