VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of using a 70% tint (very light) on a silver GTI. I want a smooth look and am not fond of the really dark tints. I am actually having a hard time finding a shop that has 70% tint in the DC area. Let me know what you use and what you think? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Re: Tinting a Silver GTI (AnwarOne)

I have 34% - I wanted to go lighter too! If I could have gone lighter I would have - I agree with the smooth clean look!!

Some cars are way to dark - they almost look like a mafia car! IMHO!

·
Premium Member
36,791 Posts
Re: Tinting a Silver GTI (AnwarOne)

I don't think you are going to find a 70% tint in this area.... LA tint has 50% tint. That is probably your best bet... 70% wouldn't even look like it's tinted, and that would just be a waste of money.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Re: Tinting a Silver GTI (adg44)

I would go with 35%. That is just dark enough, especially if your interior is black and it looks good. 70% you really won't notice a difference. Maybe slightly 50%, but not worth it IMO

·
Registered
215 Posts
Re: Tinting a Silver GTI (ucmyjetta)

I have 18% Lumar Centar, Its the poop, worth the extra 30 bucks for the added uv protection and extra shine, not the dull low-line tint,
the reason i went so dark is cause i have tan interior and it makes 18% look like it is 34%
Lumar makes a 50% low-line, or i think a 48% Centar, get the centar if you can, it is worth it. as far as i know, the lightest you can go is 50%, but i am not too sure.
70% is like stock windows, you wont even be able to tell the diference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts