VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 days ago i was going on the Route 1 North in MA coming down the Tobin Bridge...and that road sux so bad, there are so many holes!!!

anyways so i hit few holes and few minuter later boom...

I can say i was luck to stay alive...
I was going about 100MPH at the time the tire went off....
Boston roads sux so bad....our tax money at work

·
Registered
15,517 Posts
Re: Tire Explosion During High Speed!!! (alenxVR6)

whats crazy is the rim looks ok !! were you going north or south , north rule's when the have the "your speed is sign out"
also i bet you rubber was not rated for over 100mph so it said buhbuy

·
Registered
7,769 Posts

I think the worst has to be the off and on ramps to get on 93 south. I really don't see how Route 1 can even be a highway in places. Its almost like a crappy back road. Glad you did not get a man hole cover to the oil pan

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Tire Explosion During High Speed!!! (jayseal22)

Quote »
I think the worst has to be the off and on ramps to get on 93 south. I really don't see how Route 1 can even be a highway in places. Its almost like a crappy back road. Glad you did not get a man hole cover to the oil pan

also i have my car lowered down with H&R Race springs so i'm really glad i didn't hit oil pan or anything else underneth...

Modified by alenxVR6 at 8:30 AM 5-21-2004

·
Banned
5,085 Posts
Re: (lucid INTERVAL)

Exactly. You're an idiot for even going that fast on that stretch of road, knowing damn well how horrible the road is. Don't consider yourself lucky to still be alive, consider yourself lucky that you didn't lose control of the car and plow into a minivan full of kids. Crap like this just helps back up the whole "Mass Hole" thing!
Quote, originally posted by lucid INTERVAL »
shouldnt have been goin 100mph to begin with!!!

·
Modnerdator
8,566 Posts

Quote, originally posted by alenxVR6 »

also i have my car lowered down with H&R Race springs so i'm really glad i didn't hit oil pan or anything else underneth...

I'd like to see the day you hit your oil pan on anything with H&R race springs. I honestly don't think it's possible

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (SalemNHGreenGolf)

Quote »
Exactly. You're an idiot for even going that fast on that stretch of road, knowing damn well how horrible the road is. Don't consider yourself lucky to still be alive, consider yourself lucky that you didn't lose control of the car and plow into a minivan full of kids. Crap like this just helps back up the whole "Mass Hole" thing!

Acctually i was going slow on the part where the road is bad, but the explosion happened on the straightaway going to towards Revere Beach, where the road is not bad...
Quote »
consider yourself lucky that you didn't lose control of the car and plow into a minivan full of kids. Crap like this just helps back up the whole "Mass Hole" thing!

i wouldn't drive 100MPH with cars around me i'm not that stupid...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Tire Explosion During High Speed!!! (BlkMk3JettaKid)

Quote »
I'd like to see the day you hit your oil pan on anything with H&R race springs. I honestly don't think it's possible

Did you ever drive in Boston???

·
Modnerdator
8,566 Posts

Did you ever drive in Boston???

As a matter of fact, I have. I drove from Portsmouth NH to Newport RI with my oil pan about 2" above the ground and took 93 right thru the heart of Boston and got there and back without a scratch
I also drove all around Boston trying to find the Paradise Rock Club to go to a Superdrag show last Sept.
Here is a pic of my car at the time to better help you understand why you won't hit your oil pan on H&R Race springs

Modified by BlkMk3JettaKid at 8:57 AM 5-21-2004

·
Registered
652 Posts
Re: (SalemNHGreenGolf)

Quote, originally posted by SalemNHGreenGolf »

Amen to that!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Re: (alenxVR6)

i wouldn't drive 100MPH with cars around me i'm not that stupid...

See, that's just it. People in MA never think there is anyone around them and cut people off, no blinkers, at 100mph. The entire state should go back to driver's ed.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Re: (Moe Sizlack)

Good thing it wasn't your right rear tire. Could have taken out your gas tank. Seeing your tire reminded me, I need to get the metal shield installed over the gas filler neck.

·
Registered
20,462 Posts
Re: Tire Explosion During High Speed!!! (BlkMk3JettaKid)

Quote, originally posted by BlkMk3JettaKid »

I also drove all around Boston trying to find the Paradise Rock Club to go to a Superdrag show last Sept

i didnt think anybody else listened to superdrag, ive seen them twice. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 41 Posts