VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I really need tires soon and im looking at getting some BFG g-Force Super Sport A/S.. what do yall think about them? my other option would be Yokahama YK520s but i think the BFGs are sportier..
If anyone has other suggestion for tires that are about the same price let me know.. and plz no one suggest Khumos..
Thanks

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Re: Tire Opinions (TTQCrob)

Are you moving from Austin? Considering your climate, is there a reason you're considering All-Seasons and not just Summers?
I have RE-01R's and they are fantastic - in the dry and wet. I'm very impressed with how well they grip down to 0°C; I was expecting problems, but it is very decent in the cold. Breakaway is smooth and controllable, and the tires let you know (audibly) when you're about 90% of the way there. That said, I haven't been on the track with them yet. The RE-11 is their successor - and has proven to perform even better - so I would consider those. Can't go wrong with the Star Specs, either.
Here is Grassroots Motorsports' results from testing the top non-R-comp. tires (keep in mind this was on an autocross setup - obviously results can vary on different vehicles and suspension setups):
6th - Falken RT 615 Mean time: 35.302 Sec Quick time 35.125 Sec.
5th - Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec Mean time: 35.209 sec. Quick time 35.061
4th -Toyo Proxes R1R Mean time: 34.522 sec Quick Time 34.452 sec
3rd- Bridgestone RE-01R Mean time: 34.478 sec Quick Time 34.430 sec.
2nd- Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 Mean time: 34.266 Quick time 34.238sec.
1st - Kumho ECSTA XS Mean time :34.170 Quick Time 34.030 sec.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Re: Tire Opinions (jbrehm)

Quote, originally posted by jbrehm »
Are you moving from Austin? Considering your climate, is there a reason you're considering All-Seasons and not just Summers?

2nd

·
Premium Member
TTq, OBXT, Renegade
16,092 Posts
Re: Tire Opinions (brat2)

I use Michelin Pilot Sport A/S+, and they are amazing...I've driven through everything with them and have had no problems. They come with a 45,000 mile warranty, are quiet, and very sticky for all-seasons. If you want just summer tires I'd get Pilot Sport Cups, they are usually seen as the best sport tire you can get. That said, they are kind of expensive, but certainly worth a look http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.