VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone recommend a tire polish or spray that will give me the most amount of shine for the least amount of fuss? i want a nice, quick shine that'll hopefully last (applied after a car wash as well as periodically between car washes), and is quick and relatively easy to achieve.
this is what i've been using:
http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,3,5
it's okay - not great - and the shine doesn't last very long. i was thinking there had to be a better product that existed out there.
i'm sorry, i searched but... bupkis.

· Registered
971 Posts
Re: tire polish or spray- can someone recommend? (leegf)

I've used gel-based ones like Meg's Gold Class Endurance High Gloss:
http://www.meguiars.com/?tire-...Gloss
although I got "tired" (excuse the pun) of the gel slinging on the paint. I currently use Zaino's Z-16:
http://www.zainostore.com/Merc...nt=17
More conservative, low-gloss appearance that isn't as artificial as the Meg's. Durability's ok for both IMO.

· Registered
11,491 Posts

None are going to last a long time.
To make it look better use Wesleys Bleech Wite to clean your tires first then dress them .. You;ll only need to use it once every 5th or 6th wash depending on how much dressing you have used.
Armorall will give a glss shine. Apply it with a cheap kitchen sponge. Don't spray on the tires.
Some of the clear dressings will too but they sling.

· Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: tire polish or spray- can someone recommend? (Jesstzn)

thanks for the recs so far. are polishes you apply with a cloth or sponge always preferable to the spray kind, whether it's foam or non-foam?

· Registered
11,491 Posts

They are dressings not polishes ..
I dont like the foam as all they are is a cover up..
Whatever I use I always apply with an applicator or the above mentioned sponge.
Spraying it on will have it all over the car.

· Registered
1,378 Posts
Re: tire polish or spray- can someone recommend? (Jesstzn)

303 Aerospace is what I use, gives a pretty decent shine that sticks around for a few days, even with rain. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
263 Posts
Re: tire polish or spray- can someone recommend? (jonfran21)

I have used Optimum Tire Shine applied with a sponge like Jesstzn recommends.
Everyone has their product of choice, but you will get the most out of yours if you clean the tire before you dress it.

· Registered
1,044 Posts

the meguiars gold class is very good but is costly. for a cheaper clean you can use meguiars hot wheels. i use it but too keep them shiney constantly youll need to reapply it like every three days.

· Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: tire polish or spray- can someone recommend? (ChMKIVplay)

once you apply gold class, how long does it last?

· Registered
12,706 Posts
Re: tire polish or spray- can someone recommend? (16v_Power)

Stoners More Shine or No Touch in spray cans are my choices. I find that they apply really easy and that they last. The extreme shine doesn't last very long, but the tire stays a nice wet black for a couple of weeks. That is really all that matters to me. I always buff the shine off the tire after the tire shine has sat a while. I hate really shiney tires and they attract more dust anyway. Extreme shine just isn't a clean look in my opinion.
If you do go the spray route, it would be best to cut a cirlcle out of cardboard the size of you wheel to protect it from the spray so you don't have to wipe the shine off the wheel later.

Modified by 67Customs at 1:39 PM 3-24-2008

· Registered
222 Posts

Meguairs Tire Foam. Just used it, love it. Put it on Saturday, drove all day Saturday, drove Sunday about 140 miles round trip, then to work today, and all around town, and still shining.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.