VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how much the valves cost that transmit the pressures for the tire pressure monitoring system?
I am looking at some tires and rims but the valves would have to replaced to work with my TPM..... Right?

· Registered
427 Posts
Re: Tire Pressure Monitoring Valves (bravocharlie)

Tire Rack part numbers RDE005 Beru TPMS 433 MHZ (hi-output) (for VW/Porsche SUV applications) $69.00 each; RDV001 Beru 43 mm Long Valve Stem for use with TPMS unit $7.00 each. Work perfectly, but be sure to talk to Eric personally before you buy!! There are some instructions on handling the new wheels that must be followed
Found it over in the wheel & tire fitment thread ....

· Registered
1,547 Posts
Re: Tire Pressure Monitoring Valves (bravocharlie)

Basically to not get the old and new wheels/tires into proximity with each other; but talk to Eric, and he will give you the specifics. 1-888-371-8473 ext. 391. You will save yourself some possible headaches.

Modified by DenverBill at 12:59 AM 1-15-2004

· Registered
336 Posts
Re: Tire Pressure Monitoring Valves (DenverBill)

I wonder this...the last time I had a TPM error was when an other Treg was in my driveway. Think that if another TPM signal is in range that this can cause problems...same as Eric mentions if you have your new wheels inside your Treg on the way to the tire shop?

· Registered
1,547 Posts
Re: Tire Pressure Monitoring Valves (orttauq)

Don't know, but we had aircooled's T in my driveway last Saturday within about four feet of my T to change headlight bulbs, and his Reg threw a TPMS fault and flipped out of the MFI. We moved his truck and restored all to normal by pulling the TPMS fuse in the left fuse bank and going through a start sequence to reflash and then replacing the fuse. Did not think that was too close, but who knows; the dealers park them closer together than that.

Modified by DenverBill at 1:50 AM 1-15-2004

· Registered
3,186 Posts
Re: Tire Pressure Monitoring Valves (redealmaker)

yes you can use tires w/o the TPM... u'll have to turn it off in the MFI.... but u'll have the annoying sign on top.... i'm sure there's a way to VAG it...
hey will the TPM go crazy if you are parked RIGHT next to another T-reg? won't the computer sense the other set of tires on the other touareg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.