VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, double posting here from Passatworld. Just wanted to know if anyone has run 245 size tires or not? I have an 05 AWM GLS. The setup I will be purchasing are 245/45/17. Off of a 2014 A4. Any help would be great.

thanks,

·
Registered
300 Posts
Definitely check the wheel and tire specs on your current set up and what you’re considering. Use one of the many wheel and tire calculators online to show you how the tire profiles will change on you, as well.

Speaking from experience, I blindly purchased mint 2018 Passat 18” wheels and tires to put on my dad’s B5, and ended up completely changing the driving characteristics. The wheel was wider and the tires were both wider and taller (sidewalks), which affected the gas mileage and speedometer readings. More importantly, there was a great deal of rubbing, so all four corners needed wheel spacers to correct the offsets.

Whenever the Continentals wear down, I’ll definitely be getting different sized tires to get back to the OEM B5 tire diameter.

Learn from my mistake and do your homework. Haha

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
944 Posts
You might get better responses in a forum that's not the classifieds.

In general, you want a narrower tire for the winter, a wider one will keep the tire riding on the surface of the snow rather than digging down to the pavement, so going for a 245 is the wrong direction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts