VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
631 Posts
Re: Tire sizing (Eyekahn)

Quote, originally posted by Eyekahn »
all those threads are confusing. Will the sizes posted above work?

Ugh. Is it really THAT complicated to calculate whether something is within 4% or not? Geez...
Yes it'll work, now GTFO of the interwebs. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

· Registered
631 Posts

It's not about being FRIENDLY, and I did tell you the answer. I just think it's ridiculous that you feel this way
all those threads are confusing.

about calculating whether or not two numbers are within 4% of each other. It seems to me, that since we're the same age, that you would know how to do this. It just appears to me that you're lazy. End of story.

· Registered
CarTruck, Wagon, HellKidHauler
13,852 Posts

all those threads are confusing. Will the sizes posted above work?

Your kidding right? Did you read the threads? There is a link posted to a tire size calc to do the work for you.
Wow im so glad everyone is so friendly http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif . Thanks i guess.

The majority of the owners in this forum are very friendly... but not much slack is given for easily obtainable information and requests.

· Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Tire sizing (bmg9b)

Wow. Just seems like a yes or no will do. Insted of going out of your way to insult people who have done nothing but ask a question. Anyways, thanks for the links rich that comment was not steered towards you.

Modified by Eyekahn at 10:55 AM 3-20-2008

· Registered
CarTruck, Wagon, HellKidHauler
13,852 Posts

I prefer to point folks in the general direction... and steer towards knowledge management. Rather than just a yes/no answer, now you can understand why and the tolerances of of the system.

· Registered
1,966 Posts

The 245s are 2.2% larger in height than the 225s. Haldex should be fine.
Equations:
225/35-19: (19*25.4)+(2*.35*225)=640.1mm
245/35-19: (19*25.4)+(2*.35*245)=654.1mm

· Registered
730 Posts

I like using this for tire size calculations
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
FYI I run
205/50/17 winter
235/45/17 summer
235/40/17 track (beacause RA-1 came in this size)
245/45/17 track (used to run these in a Falken 615, again because limited sizes they came in)
255/40/17 maybe my next track tire, but worried abotu rubbing.
I run PSS-9s for suspension, but have them set at OEM ride height. I also have wheels studs, so it very easy for me to add a 5mm spacer or bigger if need be.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.