VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Rejoining the VWVortex Community - Please review the following thread: Here

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
10,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe I've been on this forum for 20 years-might actually be longer but this is with my VTECeateR username.

Anyways, for me some of the best moments were all the photoshops we did and they always came out of nowhere...like the FJ and the Porta Potty.

Anyways, I've made some lifelong friends and just wanted to say thanks for all your help.

I even had a TCL user find my 1998 Jetta for me, which was one of my favorite cars.

Hopefully this isn't a ROZAP ;)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Your 'shops in the FJ thread are engrained in my mind and in TCL lore!

·
Premium Member
F82 Krautrocket
6,069 Posts
Time flies. I'm curious to know how many websites are similar in age and still actively visited. This has to be up there among only a few. The tex' as a whole that is.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Wow. You are an old timer. Happy Anniversary? :)

I'm sure there will be many memes to come ...
But given I'm mostly a lurker....

One of my favorites is from MikeDav and his story of the Mongol Rally.

9000 Miles in a £400 Hyundai - Mongol Rally

Man of the rally for me is Nick Dodd. He had a Felicia Estate with a blown head gasket in Kazakhstan. Another team towed him 400KM to a garage, who fixed it but it blew again. He ended up buying a UK registered Land Cruiser from an English couple (not on the Mongol Rally) who wanted to dump it so they could fly home, and he paid just $18 for a car worth about $4000. He used that to tow the Felicia, across three borders, to Khovd, dropped it off at an official stop, and drove on to UB. He is now driving it home via Scandinavia. Proper rally legend.
But pretty much any of the road trip threads where fellow loungers meet up (without really knowing each other before hand) and then drink beers.
Proper good stuff IMHO.

·
Premium Member
12,413 Posts
ROZAP. Saturn Lady. Integra girl. Fj porter potty. I can't avoiding thinking of that every time I see an FJ driving around, especially if it's a blue one.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
I have been here since January 2000, and frankly i have lost count of all my favorite moments. So many posts, so many friends, so many great memories.

And the fact that most of us are still here I think is testament to the staying power of The Car Lounge. I STILL check here daily.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
This one was my favorite. I'm a few days away from 10yrs here.

This. The absolute zenith of the most epic thread in TCL history, which was lost in the server thing a few years ago I think. Did you have that .gif saved or did it come from the thread??

·
Registered
28,902 Posts
I remember the time when somebody said something stupid in a thread, and everyone jumped on him.

·
Premium Member
991.2 GTS
471 Posts
I just remember not being one of the 'cool kids'. I had been a cool kid on a few other forums. But funnily, this is the one I still frequent 15+ years later

no particular order:
anything by JuniperMonkeys
Gateways crazy purchases circa 2005
Fourspeedfox's schenanigans
the car lounge decision tree (maybe by Wellington P Funk?)
Wimblebots race to post everything
Pelko
Enzodude/Portapotty/out girl out/lumber jetta

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I'd like to take a moment to remind everyone once again that it was I who began the photoshoppery in the FJ thread :p

11 years ago. Jesus.

·
Premium Member
'09 GTI, 02 Golf, '66 Vespa
7,957 Posts
I can't believe the out-girl-out thread is that old. It doesn't feel that old.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts