VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Rejoining the VWVortex Community - Please review the following thread: Here

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I had to check my join date, I'll hit my 20th AE next fall. I remember moving over to the Vortex after the Canadian GTI forum that I frequented went quiet. I guess I was late to the party. :laugh:

I've always enjoyed the ValveCoverGasket build threads.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
The Jack Baruth (Viergang Fuchs) era and what must have been his particularly smug Prius driving alter ego. Wish I could remember the username. This is way before the green S5.

·
Registered
21,512 Posts
I'm a meme.

Out of curiosity is it just us older guys holding on to this site or are there young people joining and posting?
Pretty sure it's just us old farts. I bet the only new members are either bots or people who are trying to find out info relating to a specific model/chassis in the model-specific forums. Since those are dead, they don't stick around and don't ever find TCL.

·
Registered
19,400 Posts
Whoa what happened to VW Larry?
He would work extreme political opinions into many of his posts and would get super upset when people called him out on it or disagreed.

Just looked him up on FB and it is like 20+ posts a day of angry political memes.

·
Registered
21,512 Posts
He would work extreme political opinions into many of his posts and would get super upset when people called him out on it or disagreed.

Just looked him up on FB and it is like 20+ posts a day of angry political memes.
Just incredible. The dude's brain is completely fried... It's just non-stop meme followed by reaction cards to Fox News shows.

·
Registered
14,339 Posts

Just incredible. The dude's brain is completely fried... It's just non-stop meme followed by reaction cards to Fox News shows.
I guess he's out of the business of misappropriating donated funds?

·
Registered
10,619 Posts

·
Registered
2006 LS430, 2012 GX460, 2005 ES330, 2018 Explorer PI
2,503 Posts
Crazy how much has changed in almost 20 years of being here. Wonder if this forum will be here in another 20 years? :beer:

·
Registered
413 Posts

I can't remember the context of all of the pictures, but this is the only place I would have gotten these pics from.

·
Registered
18,649 Posts
I guess he's out of the business of misappropriating donated funds?
How do you figure? He didn't ask for a dime. You know nothing of what was going through with his hardships. He couldn't leave for the trip due to his wife's failing health and people were total dicks to him. It was the people that contributed no money that crybabied the loudest. People should have been ashamed of themselves, but they weren't. I wonder how many of his detractors would have left their dying wife to go see Leno? Shallow, much?

81 - 100 of 100 Posts