VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
13,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big Thanks to Paul (PAULITO) and Vinny (PIFF) for the awesome setup http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
So pumped! Talked to kevin @ AAC today and ordered myself up a full air ride system for my MKV

the parts:
Front
Universal Areo sports
Stainless steel leader lines
Univrsal mounting kit

Rear
Universal single bellow
Circle plates, 2 upper, 2 lower

Auto Pilot Digital Controller
Controller Mounting Bracket
Digital Controller ECU
Pezio Transducers
Anodized Manifolds
3/8 Airline
Our Air Line Cutter
2 VIAIR 380C 200 psi Compressors
5 Gallon 8 1/2" Port Tank
Inflation Valve and Drain ****
Wire Harness
Thread Sealant
Compressor Relay
Nickel Plated Fittings
the ride:

the guy that's gonna make it happen:

stay tuned for progress!

Modified by dubbr at 10:12 AM 10-8-2008

Modified by dubbr at 10:13 AM 10-8-2008

Modified by dubbr at 2:25 PM 10-14-2008

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
Re: Today is the first day of the rest of my life (dubbr)

1/2" line? shiz is gonna jump. u better get flow controls.
a single 380 compressor for a 5 gallon tank? is gonna take forver to fill up.
and u still need 3" piping to make rear cups.
and why a 8 port tank, ur gonna have that one ugly port on the top of the tank.
Paul should be able to make it work! his mk5 is a good guide!! and they did vinnys also.

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
Re: FV-QR (dubbr)

Quote, originally posted by dubbr »
I just went with what kevin suggested, although i think we ended up deciding to go with a smaller line, 3/8's or something like that

dont take this the wrong way, and your in great hands doing this with Paul, but i think u should get familiar with what terms mean what, and how the system works, cause it looks like you just ordered a bunch of stuff without knowing what its actual function is, and if you ever have problems, and if Paul isnt around to help u'll be screwed. so between now and when time comes to install if i was you i would go through some build-ups, and read up on the FAQ/DIYs.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Re: FV-QR (Santi)

Quote, originally posted by Santi »

dont take this the wrong way, and your in great hands doing this with Paul, but i think u should get familiar with what terms mean what, and how the system works, cause it looks like you just ordered a bunch of stuff without knowing what its actual function is, and if you ever have problems, and if Paul isnt around to help u'll be screwed. so between now and when time comes to install if i was you i would go through some build-ups, and read up on the FAQ/DIYs.

Couldn't agree more... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by Still Fantana at 6:59 PM 10-6-2008

·
Registered
13,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: FV-QR (Santi)

Quote, originally posted by Santi »

That's what I've been doing and plan to keep doing...

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Re: (Shawn W.)

Quote, originally posted by Shawn W. »
didn't the guy making it happen but his car that way

wow. that makes me want to smack you and your ignorance. paul, my brother/ owner of the car pictured above, built a pvw featured mk3 vrt and has redone pretty much the entire air ride setup on the mk5. i also will be doing the setup. and i must say. we are not incompetant idiots.
your car will be simply gangsta after a weekend in NY

·
Registered
25,371 Posts
Re: (PIFF)

Quote, originally posted by PIFF »

wow. that makes me want to smack you and your ignorance. paul, my brother/ owner of the car pictured above, built a pvw featured mk3 vrt and has redone pretty much the entire air ride setup on the mk5. i also will be doing the setup. and i must say. we are not incompetant idiots.
your car will be simply gangsta after a weekend in NY

Slow down buddy if you knew anything about the internet you would have noticed the sarcasim.
Always NYers trying to fight first.

Modified by Shawn W. at 11:06 PM 10-6-2008

·
Registered
25,371 Posts

I also want to state that PVW features do not mean doo doo. I have seen plenty of them. Nothing against your brother. His old car is nice and so is his new one. It just doesn't automaticly mean you know what the F you are doing. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,884 Posts

i was hoping when i read the first post it was sarcastic because im not going to lie i got really pist.
Quote, originally posted by Shawn W. »
I also want to state that PVW features do not mean doo doo. I have seen plenty of them. Nothing against your brother. His old car is nice and so is his new one. It just doesn't automaticly mean you know what the F you are doing. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

i agree with you about the PVW feature doesnt mean you're the most knowledgable dude, but i completely built the mk3 from stock with my own hands in my own garage and i did everything... bodywork, interior, motor, fab, maintance.... everything. i know mk3s inside and out.
as far as the mk5 goes i have pulled it apart several times, rewired a lot of ****, made several changes, new manifolds, tank, lines, even modifies my mason techs which i still need to take pics of for some people that were interested.
i also already did some body work on the mk5 and repainted about a 1/3 of it. i just dont post everything i do because, well , i just dont care. i know what i do and i do it really good.
sorry for the rant but i have alot of people coming to me for bodywork, air ride and other **** and i dont want them to read through one post, see that and just stop there and go this "dudes doesnt know **** im going somewhere else."

1 - 20 of 198 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.