VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my battery died this morning, and i had to take a bus down to the store to get a new one. no big deal, the bus is usually an adventure in itself. but when i went to get on another bus to go home, the bus driver wouldn't let me on. 'no batteries on the bus.' i was told. so, i tired another bus in a few minutes, almost had him, but it was a no go.
apparently, it's just peaches to get on a bus reeking of your own filth, or visibly intoxicated. in fact, if you are a homeless man, you can ride the bus all day for one fare, just cruising around, soaking up the free heat and conversation. as long as you don't have a car battery.
so, after a $16 cab ride and a long wait in the cold, lesson learned.
lucas.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Re: today's lesson: you can't take a battery on a columbus city bus. (lucas)

ha!
what a crock....my a$s would have been hauled off by the cops because no way in hell would I let them pull that crap.

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Re: today's lesson: you can't take a battery on a columbus city bus. (JoshmkII)

they can do that because of the explosion possibility... they have the same law pretty much everywhere...

·
Registered
5,743 Posts

Man more power to ya' for braving the cold out there and waiting for another bus to see if you could get it by him http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Sorry I'm kinda' chuckling cause I can just picture this whole event. I just hope after all this it was the battery.

·
Registered
14,303 Posts
Re: today's lesson: you can't take a battery on a columbus city bus. (VWRabbitGTi1984)

Now that was a "charging" experience.

·
Registered
21,996 Posts
Re: today's lesson: you can't take a battery on a columbus city bus. (VWRabbitGTi1984)

quote:[HR][/HR]
There arent to many bags that are gonna hold a battery. Atleast as far as i know.[HR][/HR]​
a paper grocery bag would be fine. just hold the bag from the bottom, like there was a 12 pack in there.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Re: today's lesson: you can't take a battery on a columbus city bus. (maschinenvolkg60)

reading this post had me laughing like shizt!!! LOL My first responce was. Put it in a bag!!! The bag thing would have really worked. You know that you would hold the bag from the bottom, right!! I hope you knew this.... This guy got made at that responce like it would not have worked. Man I tell you this is funny!!! Damn with catching the cab.... I would have been a brown bag mother Fer. You have lost your mind. I just wanted to comment on how good your day went. This was really funny to me

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Re: today's lesson: you can't take a battery on a columbus city bus. (Big CADDY)

Shoulda bought a cheap backpack for 15 and they would have thought you were a good schoolboy then. Then you could reuse the backpack later to take the bus when getting beer!

·
Banned
4,318 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]my battery died this morning, and i had to take a bus down to the store to get a new one. no big deal, the bus is usually an adventure in itself. but when i went to get on another bus to go home, the bus driver wouldn't let me on. 'no batteries on the bus.' i was told. so, i tired another bus in a few minutes, almost had him, but it was a no go.
apparently, it's just peaches to get on a bus reeking of your own filth, or visibly intoxicated. in fact, if you are a homeless man, you can ride the bus all day for one fare, just cruising around, soaking up the free heat and conversation. as long as you don't have a car battery.
so, after a $16 cab ride and a long wait in the cold, lesson learned.
lucas.[HR][/HR]​
Sorry to hear about your badluck.
On a different note.
I moved here from Boston. But I hate Columbus. Sucks big time.
No culture here. No place to go relax.
Can't wait till get back to Boston.

[Modified by GTiandrewK, 3:09 AM 2-7-2003]

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Re: today's lesson: you can't take a battery on a columbus city bus. (Big CADDY)

quote:[HR][/HR]reminds me of the time I hauled a 3hp briggs and straton on the school bus for small engine repair back in HS. THey all looked at me like I was wacked.[HR][/HR]​
My battery died once so I rode my bike 3 miles to get a new one. You should've seen some of the looks I got.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.