VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heh, well not really, but this is as close as it gets to grass/gravel/dirt. Hey, it is "off road" so to say. Anyways... just thought I'd share some pics:
Just the general view:

My most favorite... I love how the frozen rotors reflect... they are like mirrors!

Nice little front shot:

A different view of the engine:

Now a picture of the car's great stance, IMO. 5mm front spacers, 8mm rear spacers:

I'm thinking some smoked tails, e-codes, and black badges will finish my look off. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
36,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Took the GTI Off-Roading.... PICS (MK4ryan)

OK... just finished scanning two more.

and...

·
Premium Member
36,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Took the GTI Off-Roading.... PICS (halfgook)

quote:[HR][/HR]i love those wheels. who makes them and how big are they?[HR][/HR]​
They are made by Kahn Design, and they are the RSRs. They are 18x7.5" and they have been powdercoated the gunmetal color.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Re: Took the GTI Off-Roading.... PICS (adg44)

about how much they run you with tires? Where did you get them? If my silver GTi can look like that, damn, I need to get me a set ;-)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Re: Took the GTI Off-Roading.... PICS (papasuki)

That's one hot ride... any idea how heavy those rims are? Nice all around!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Re: Took the GTI Off-Roading.... PICS (Samurai Cowboy)

I don't have any pics yet but i have a futura GTi and I have the smoked heads, tails and I'm getting my emblems painted black...so I say go for the smoked stuff with the black emblems...they'll go very nicely with the wheels which look great..nice car.

·
Premium Member
36,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Took the GTI Off-Roading.... PICS (Samurai Cowboy)

The wheels are about 24 lbs.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts

Hei he lives at Fairfax County. Hi neighbor

·
Registered
7,250 Posts

adg44,
what brand of spacers are ou using? I want 8 mm in the rear on mine. do they center themselves? I've hear issues concerning spacers, and not being able to get the thinner ones centered properly.

·
Premium Member
36,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Took the GTI Off-Roading.... PICS (kreuzerGOLF18T)

these are H&R hubcentric spacers.... fit perfectly.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Re: Took the GTI Off-Roading.... PICS (flipp)

adg, looks like a lotta chassis flex going on if you ask me. YOU need an S3 Strut brace...

·
Registered
3,022 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]My most favorite... I love how the frozen rotors reflect... they are like mirrors!
[HR][/HR]​
Is this your front or rear? Looks like your front to me judging by the rotor size and if that is so, your rotors are swapped and on the wrong sides

edit...that is the front, just looked at the rotation marking on the tire...caliper sits behind the rotor on the rears

[Modified by Bryan S, 9:35 AM 11-30-2001]

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Re: Took the GTI Off-Roading.... PICS (john green)

They look fine. The front of the car is to the left, and you can see the arrow on the side wall of the tires. Forgive if I'm wrong but for front disc isn't the Caliper suppose to be towards the front.

[Modified by deepcover, 7:07 AM 11-30-2001]

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Re: Took the GTI Off-Roading.... PICS (deepcover)

Your wheels got really dirty out in the dirt. They are nearly black. Take it easy partner.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Re: Took the GTI Off-Roading.... PICS (agt5)

quote:[HR][/HR]Your wheels got really dirty out in the dirt. They are nearly black. Take it easy partner.[HR][/HR]​
bahahahahah ah a!
Sorry. Sweet car, I think a euro-bumper would be a good addition too. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 45 Posts