10,102 Posts
Re: tool list required (jetta09black)

#1 on the list of tools required:
- Bentley Manual

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
Re: (Dann0)

Dont use air on the rear on your first time.. even with shocks that are oem and never been touched come off quite easy.. make sure you pay attention to how the bushings go along with the bolts and washers

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys!
Answer me this,
Is the nut for the rear shock lower bolt welded on on the inside of the suspension? I ask cause I broke the head of that bolt off and now the rest is completely frozen in place, I can wiggle the shock along what remains of the lower bolt, but cant get the damn bolt and nut out/off...
I was at home depot for an hour walking the tool section looking for a way to get this damn thing off, all I could come up with was to use a Steel Hack saw blade and cut it off and then pound the nut off and get new hardware.....
Oh by the way, I think I was part of some Code Blue Home Depot sting.. I had employees watching me from every angle
I am assuming cause I was in there so long just walking and thinking...

Whats your take on it?

Modified by jetta09black at 6:03 PM 7-13-2009

Modified by jetta09black at 6:06 PM 7-13-2009

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Re: tool list required (KrautFed)

Quote, originally posted by KrautFed »
#1 on the list of tools required:
- Bentley Manual

If you need a manual to change the shocks on these cars, you're already over your head and I would suggest a line of credit at Pep Boys

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: tool list required (packthis)

Quote, originally posted by packthis »

If you need a manual to change the shocks on these cars, you're already over your head and I would suggest a line of credit at Pep Boys

Mr. Negative... its rather easy, if all goes well, I ran into a snag.. keep your "Buy a Bentley" crap to yourself please... I didnt build the cars so I dont know if its rusted on or was welded on from the factory...

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Re: tool list required (jetta09black)

Quote, originally posted by jetta09black »

Mr. Negative... its rather easy, if all goes well, I ran into a snag.. keep your "Buy a Bentley" crap to yourself please... I didnt build the cars so I dont know if its rusted on or was welded on from the factory...

Did I say buy a Bentley, get a clue and some reading comprehension

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: tool list required (wannabeeuroTR)

Quote, originally posted by wannabeeuroTR »
rear shocks are like soooo easy. i dont even take the tire out. it should take about 5 mins to pull them off.

Yeah I know... the bolt head broke off.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: tool list required (packthis)

Quote, originally posted by packthis »

Did I say buy a Bentley, get a clue and some reading comprehension

Find a different thread to be a douche in please.. better yet find a different forum.. You quoted the Bentley comment then made an intelligence shot at me.. if you dont have anything helpful to add move along.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.