VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda, Ducati
35,083 Posts
That screwdriver drawer looks like they would all roll into a pile at the end of the drawer as soon as you shut or open it.
You've got to treat it nice. A gennnnnnnnntle slide closed, like after you strip a bolt, or when you were shipped the wrong parts. Gennnnnnntle.

·
35,083 Posts
Dumb question probably but what do you guys do that require 39 pairs of pliers/cutters/grips?
I need a firm grip from various angles.

·
Registered
8,274 Posts
Organization? You mean my tool box shouldn't look like somebody just vomited wrenches into drawers and them shoved them closed?
Guilty.....

I'm so lazy, the investment in to organizing...... holy ****.

·
Registered
9,168 Posts
Dumb question probably but what do you guys do that require 39 pairs of pliers/cutters/grips?
Just off the top of my head...

Big snap ring pliers for large retaining rings (used for the slave cylinder on my Alfa)
Small snap ring pliers for small retaining rings (used in electronics and some shifters)
Crimpers (regular wire crimping)
Barrel crimpers (For Deutsche connectors)
Wire strippers (automatic and manual)- automatic handy but don't work great on some wires.
Vise grip pliers (3 sizes for various purposes). Works on all sorts of stuff.
Tin snips (straight, left, and right handed)- for working with sheet metal.
Big cutters for large wires
Small cutters for small wires
Standard Pliers for all-purpose work (big and small)
Needle nose for electronics work and tight spaces (big and small)
Long nose pliers (hard to reach places)
Long nose right angle pliers (helpful for picking up stuff you dropped in engine bay)
Channel lock pliers (two sizes) for off size stuff- helpful for plumbing or the occasional giant nut you don't have a socket for.
Pipe wrench (for home plumbing, not really cars)

A lot of that stuff also comes in sets, so you end up with doubles. It's pretty easy to end up with 30 pairs of that sort of stuff. That's why I have three toolboxes (well 4 if you include the small portable one).

·
35,083 Posts
Hog Ring Plarz
Crimpin' Plarz (not the combo ones)
Right Angle Needlenose Plarz
45 Degree Needlenose Plarz
Needlenose Hose Plarz

and on and on and on...

·
Registered
SR71 C30 T53a/b/b A4
25,492 Posts
That screwdriver drawer looks like they would all roll into a pile at the end of the drawer as soon as you shut or open it.
That's what I was thinking. Even for the open wrenches and all the other tools, they would all pile up as soon as I would close the drawer.

·
Registered
SR71 C30 T53a/b/b A4
25,492 Posts

·
35,083 Posts
He's disorganized, I tell you.
Just more organized than most. In all seriousness though, I'm gonna guess that his is setup that way because the drawers aren't full width. You've gotta deal with what you've got.

·
Registered
SR71 C30 T53a/b/b A4
25,492 Posts
Just more organized than most. In all seriousness though, I'm gonna guess that his is setup that way because the drawers aren't full width. You've gotta deal with what you've got.
You sound like a tool fan.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts