VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Alright, let's move on. I have the bottom one marked as B-57, but upon further review I believe Sweaty was right- it's the AC-130. Sorry about that. Testing myself, too, here...

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I figured the 47 would be easy, the 87 not so much. Here's a couple more, that should be pretty easy:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Not sure why some show so much smaller. I'm using Flickr, and the images I upload are about the same size.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yeah, too easy. Some of these will be easy, some very hard. These two seem easy to me:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yep, correct on both. Let's try a couple of (probably) harder ones, at a different location. These are at the Ohio History Connection (no fair looking up their exhibits...)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I'm guessing these are a little too hard. Better get ready for the rest of the Air Force museum pix, since some are from the research gallery...

Anyway, both were made in Ohio, around 1930. The one on the bottom comes from a famous manufacturer.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
I'm guessing these are a little too hard. Better get ready for the rest of the Air Force museum pix, since some are from the research gallery...

Anyway, both were made in Ohio, around 1930. The one on the bottom comes from a famous manufacturer.
Mattel? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Bottom one is an Aeronca C-2, semi-famous. The "flying bathtub." One on the top is an Alliance Argo, 1929 sport biplane.

Oh, well. Here are some more from Wright-Patt.

This one is pretty famous:

This one, not as much:

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Bottom one is an Aeronca C-2, semi-famous. The "flying bathtub." One on the top is an Alliance Argo, 1929 sport biplane.

Oh, well. Here are some more from Wright-Patt.

This one is pretty famous:

This one, not as much:

Pretty famous... :laugh: Shoulda shot the main "gear"*... Can't place the other one though. Trying to remember something with such a flat belly.

(*unless it's on its transport dolly)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Yeah, the first is very famous, and the mains would give it away. X-15, of course. The other is semi-famous, or at least, I bet you've seen pictures of it. That's the gear, not a trolley. It, and probably the next few, are in the R+D gallery.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
The flat body makes me think one of the lifting body. I had to wiki the full group of test A/C and I think it's a Martin X-24

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
No guesses even? Well, they are pretty weird. X-40 on top, P-75 below. Try these:

21 - 40 of 48 Posts