VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, just did a front end conversion with my mk4 golf and the front end jetta i got doesnt match my car. we both supposedly have "tornado red" but his front end turned out to be darker then my entire car. he had his car buffed and waxed bout a little more then a week before we did the project. i dont know when the last time i buffed and waxed the car. if i buffed and waxed the entire car, would it dull the red down to match the front pieces or do u think we just have different paint codes and im gonna have to paint the front pieces? any help would be appreciated. thanks for the time

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Re: tornado red paint is off. help (AudioHymns)

Depending on how old your cars are and where each one is kept and judging by how often you say you take care of your car it's probably just that you're paint has faded - another good reason to take care of the paint - if that's not the problem then I'd check the codes - should be on a tag somewhere in the car (sometimes under the spare tire) you might have to contact you local stealership or someone on the 'tex might know which numbers are what - but your paint code should be listed there somewhere - compare and see! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts