VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Toronto must have the most powerful 16v's in North America....... (sold on expense)

You know this guy, or just guessing at what he would have to do in order to get 200 hp?
If it's a guess you're probably bang on, cause there's a guy in Montreal with that setup running 190 to the wheels, plus Velocity Sport down in Cali got about 188 with a similar setup.

· Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
34,875 Posts
Re: Toronto must have the most powerful 16v's in North America....... (Mr Black)

Quote, originally posted by Mr Black »
Too bad you can't respond to an auto Trader ad and challenge 'em to put up a dyno sheet

uhmm.... so call them up and ask for the dyno sheet or a ride.

· Registered
560 Posts
Re: Toronto must have the most powerful 16v's in North America....... (sold on expense)

200 thats it? here is a guy in Toronto that owns a speed shop. He has a 16V for sale that is pushing 320 hp @ the wheels... The Toronto area has like over 10 speed shops that specialize in VW's and someone that wants 200hp out of their 16V will not have a problem finding the resources to do so... Just get your wallet ready!
If you want to see the car the 16V that pushes 320hp, go to: http://www.eurospeed.ca/
"mild work done" ... I don't think so either!

· Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Toronto must have the most powerful 16v's in North America....... (91_Passat_owner)

I know it's possible to do if you tune the living crap out of it, and I know Eurospeed and other guys in TO are wizards, I was just pointing out that I found it amusing that 2 people in the same week are claiming off the cuff that they have "200 horsepower" 16v's. Especially since nobody here knows them and everyone is doubtful that they actually have the right hardware to get to that mark.
Oh and 16v, I'm not in the market, so I'm not calling anyone up. I just meant that it would be fun if you could publicly call BS on auto trader ads. I guess that's why we have Vortex classifieds

· Banned
6,058 Posts
Re: Toronto must have the most powerful 16v's in North America....... (Mr Black)

Haha I was thinking of calling those people up and askin them if they'd want to come dyno their cars.
but yea anyway, jack @ eurospeed in toronto showed me a dyno of his NA 16v, it put down 191whp @ 7500ish rpms with shrick 276's p&p'ed head, 15:1 CR pistons and DTA

Modified by skillton at 12:38 PM 7-19-2003

· Registered
1,542 Posts
Re: Toronto must have the most powerful 16v's in North America....... (skillton)

Quote, originally posted by skillton »

but yea anyway, jack @ eurospeed in toronto showed me a dyno of his NA 16v, it put down 191whp @ 7500ish rpms with shrick 276's p&p'ed head, 15:1 CR pistons and DTA

Modified by skillton at 12:38 PM 7-19-2003

Hey can you iM me more specs of his motor, i am curious as to what he has done to it, if it the same as my 2.1l 16v I have the same cams, not quite as high comp. ratio,@ 13.8 :1 wi 50mm ITBs and motec 4e and it is getting 189 wheel H,.p. on a mustang dyno, ( the sig, below was with a dynojet)

· Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
34,875 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Mr Black »

Oh and 16v, I'm not in the market, so I'm not calling anyone up. I just meant that it would be fun if you could publicly call BS on auto trader ads. I guess that's why we have Vortex classifieds

heeheehee http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
4,678 Posts
Re: Toronto must have the most powerful 16v's in North America....... (Witre)

Quote, originally posted by Witre »
maybe hp over there converts the same way US dollars do
I personally like the temperature conversion method.
Celcius to Ferenhiet
double and add 30.
ie. 25°C = 80°F
or 134 stock HP 16v converted = 298 HP

I wish beer sold this way.

· Registered
7,690 Posts
Re: Toronto must have the most powerful 16v's in North America....... (Action Jackson)

200hp??
oooohhhhh! im shaking in my boots here in the USA.
people are getting past 400hp here in the states with the 16v;)
shoot, i myself have more than that on my 8v!

· Registered
6,060 Posts
Re: Toronto must have the most powerful 16v's in North America....... (speed51133!)

Quote, originally posted by speed51133! »
200hp??
oooohhhhh! im shaking in my boots here in the USA.
people are getting past 400hp here in the states with the 16v;)
shoot, i myself have more than that on my 8v!

400hp NA? and your 8v spits 200hp NA? Hmmmm....

· Registered
3,802 Posts
Re: Toronto must have the most powerful 16v's in North America....... (speed51133!)

Quote, originally posted by speed51133! »
who said ANYTHING about NA before you did?
nobody

lol, why dont you two start a big argument about it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.