VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those of you wanting to change out the shifter cable bushings in your TT RS, there is another option available: Torque Solution Shifter Cable Bushings- (Audi TTRS) - TS-SCB-1005-6 - 3561

Torque Solution has their own version of it that’s similar to the 42DD, but not as invasive to install. All that you need to do is remove the oem bushings and slip in the new ones.

I just got done installing mine, and it wasn’t bad at all. I followed northendroid’s diy (thank you!) since the install is the same (minus the drilling, cutting, and sanding).

And of course as a reminder: do this at your own risk, I'm not responsible for any damage that may occur if/when you install these!

👍

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any review of the new bushings after the install?
So after a weeks worth of driving, there’s definitely an improvement in shifting. It just feels more solid getting into gear. But to be fair, I also did the 034 shifter bushings a year prior. So with the combination of both, it was worth the money & time spent installing it. There is still a small amount of side to side slop, but from what I’ve gathered, you would have to modify the actual shifter mechanism itself to get rid of it completely. I came across someone on one of the Audi Facebook groups that was actually working on this, but haven’t seen any updates as of lately.

Overall, for the price, I would recommend this mod for everyone. If anything, this along with the shifter bushings should be one of the first mods that anyone should do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts