VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good friend is into finding fixable (i.e. just barely legally totaled) cars at auction, so he does a fair amount of searching... Well, he e-mails me last night with this little gem....
Quote, originally posted by Auction-watching buddy »
Car is at an auction yard in Nashville and up for sale tomorrow (10/14). Bids are sealed so I can't tell how much it sells for. 349 miles on the clock and damage is estimated at $55,000.

I'm getting the info on the auction site today, I'll keep you guys posted.
(IB4soullesshoseclampsprobablygaveout)

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Totaled Nissan GT-R (Lawl Master)

Quote, originally posted by Lawl Master »
Just barely legally totalled?
It looks like a hell of a lot more than cosmetic damage...

Yeah he's NOT fixing this one... Just browsing.

·
Registered
13,127 Posts
Re: Totaled Nissan GT-R (lax1492)

Quote, originally posted by lax1492 »
did the transmission cause all that damage?

lol. This could be a good deal to break for spares but I wouldn't dream of rebuilding one.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
I wonder if the frame is tweaked? I wonder if any of the main panels are out of spec behind the fenders? Otherwise it looks pretty rebuildable to me. Sucks to see that the passenger airbag seems to destroy the entire dash when deployed...I would have figured that it would have had it's own seperate replacable compartment.

·
Registered
39,636 Posts
Re: (kingrukus)

Quote, originally posted by kingrukus »
Sucks to see that the passenger airbag seems to destroy the entire dash when deployed...I would have figured that it would have had it's own seperate replacable compartment.

That's fairly common on newer cars, actually. I guess it's supposed to make them look more 'upscale.'

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.