VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my OEM TOUAREG FLASH LIGHT today. it is great, but I am not sure if it can be charaged by the power outlet, or it use a not-chargable battery
if so, how do I open the flash light and what kind of battery it uses? Thanks

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
If you're talking about one of these:

...then it's designed to be charged in the cigarette lighter socket. You might be able to jimmy rig a 12-13.8V powerpack to it from the wall, but I wouldn't really recommend it. Seeing as it is an LED flashlight, just charging it while driving, even just for 10 minutes at a time, should give it plenty of juice.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Re: Touareg Flash light Questions (IamGoofy)

I got one too. It doesn't fit properly in a MkIII socket. It's too short to be grabbed by the prongs used to hold the lighter while it heats up.
However, if you take the MkIII lighter apart (not the socket), you can remove the little tiny Frisbee shaped gizmo on the end of the lighter, steel epoxy it to the end of the Toureg flashlight, add a glob of solder between the frisbee and flashlight end button to make a good electrical connection, and Ta-Da! You have a flashlight that clips right into the MkIII socket.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Re: Touareg Flash light Questions (Employee#8)

what is the point of this deal again. what do you do with a light that is stuck in your dash by the cig. lighter?

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Re: Touareg Flash light Questions (BlakJTI)

I keep mine plugged into the socket in the trunk. Just in case.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Re: Touareg Flash light Questions (Gern_Blanston)

It's come in handy during headlight bulb replacements after work in winter, and recently during a late-night oil change. It's very bright and well focused, and it's always charged!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts