VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51,450 Posts
Re: Touareg - Whats with the price. (Devoman)

SCAM. eBay is full of them these days. But since you are in FL, why not bid $100. If you win, insist on COD payment only.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Re: Touareg - Whats with the price. (spockcat)

Nope, not a scam at all. The key to what is going on is the fact that bidders need to be pre-approved. If you contact them to get pre-approved, I'd bet dollars to donuts, they would say something like "let's not waste time with bids, let's just work out a price." In essence, they are using eBay as an advertisement. They don't want to leave the price to chance or to pay the final price fee thingy.

·
Registered
51,450 Posts
Re: Touareg - Whats with the price. (bwallet)

Then I would ask to be approved as a bidder and not try to work out a price with the guy. He doesn't have a reserve on the auction. So unless he flat out refuses to approve you, he is asking for trouble.
Incidentally, the seller is only saving $40 by not allowing anyone to bid on his item. The eBay fees for a car are: $40 listing fee and $40 transaction fee. The transaction fee is not due if;
* There were no bids on your item.
* There were no bids that met the reserve price on your reserve price listing.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Re: Touareg - Whats with the price. (Devoman)

Quote, originally posted by Devoman »
Is this a mistake or does anyone know or can figure this one out?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...84167

Modified by Devoman at 1:48 PM 9-27-2004

Looks real...but a "Buy It Now" price of $ 140k????????
Heck, I will sell mine for half of that......any takers?

Modified by I8ABUG at 12:23 PM 9-27-2004

·
Registered
51,450 Posts
Re: Touareg - Whats with the price. (bwallet)

One thing that makes me still believe this is a scam is that the VIN doesn't seem to match the car. The VIN has the 5th digit of C. According to the VIN info I have seen, C is for a V6. The car shown is clearly a V8.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1213187

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.