VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i heard toyo tires wear quick.i need a good rain tire up here in the northwest.the tread pattern looks like it would cut right through the water.let me know what you guys are experiencing with this tire.thanks

·
Registered
392 Posts
Re: toyo t1s,give me the 411 on them (veedubbgolf)

I have the Toyo ts1's you are talking about. I like the tire! It handles very good. I have a different brand in the rear so I have to be very careful because I have some understeer in hard cornering. They stick like glue. I would not have bought them but I won then in a Toyo tire basketball shootout at a car show. I had to use the toyo. No exchanges. I will not buy them anymore unless I am rich because the tread does wear very fast, compared to other tires. I will use Falken grb fk 451 or Dunlop sp 9000 next time. The Falkens are much cheaper but they last a lot longer. If you want the best stick for a long life but dont mind the one time expensive price, try the Dunlop. They are expensive but all my friends here in germany love them!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Re: toyo t1s,give me the 411 on them (ventodan)

I had at the T1s on my car and I loved them. When they wore out I put on the Toyo FZ4s and, while I like them I miss the T1s. I will likely put T1s back on later this year.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Re: toyo t1s,give me the 411 on them (FowlVay)

My dad is running them on his PT Cruiser. They are awesome tires, and they haven't been bad on wearing. They stick really well, and are awesome in wet weather like here in WA. They are just extremely sticky on wet roads. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.