VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, first off I know this is an Audi/VW board, but, there was a topic done on the Cressida before; so, I thought I might do another one, since I have a question. And the question is : What are the specs on a 1986 Cressida manual and automatic ? 1/4 mile ? Etc . . . . .

Thanks.

·
Registered
30,363 Posts
Re: Toyota Cressida Question (Motor)

As I remember, it had a 2.8L straight six with 156HP. 0-60 was +/- 10 seconds and 1/4 mi in the 17's with the automatic. I don't think there was a 5-speed (atleast, not in the US).

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Re: Toyota Cressida Question (Lwize)

quote:[HR][/HR]As I remember, it had a 2.8L straight six with 156HP. 0-60 was +/- 10 seconds and 1/4 mi in the 17's with the automatic. I don't think there was a 5-speed (atleast, not in the US).[HR][/HR]​
I believe the 5 speed was a rare US option , we didn't get them in Canada but I recall reading about the tranny in the shop manuals. HP varied from mid 150's to 160 at the end I think. I had an '84 Supra myself.
Rear drive and the seats had plenty cush to them.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Re: Toyota Cressida Question (Motor)

I think the ultimate sleeper would be to shove a supra turbo motor in there. It should bolt right up.

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Re: Toyota Cressida Question (anarchyx34)

It does.....with a lot of work. One of the 1st of these swaps was done by a guy in Alberta Canada. He swapped a 90 turbo motor into an 83 supra. At the end of the day it was a labour of love but he admits it would have been cheaper to have just gone out and bought a mkiii

·
Super Moderator
11,645 Posts
Re: Toyota Cressida Question (Lexi)

quote:[HR][/HR]Were they RWD? I heard they were.[HR][/HR]​
Yeah, I found out the hard way. I was 16 and going to pick up my mom in her friends car. My dad had taught my to drive in a front wheel drive car and taught my to start accelerating half-way through the turn. Didn't mention anything about doing it on icy corners.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts