VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

341 - 359 of 359 Posts

·
Registered
19,743 Posts
New Suzuki JIMNY, massive international buzz, not sold in the US, sold out everywhere else in the world.

New Toyota GR Yaris, massive international buzz, not sold in the US, sold out everywhere else in the world.

:mad:
My ideal garage!

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda, Ducati
35,122 Posts
I wonder if Toyota is kicking themselves in the butt for not federalizing this car some way. some how. for Americans. I wrote a counterpart at Toyota and told them that I'd switch teams if they sold one here... Nope.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I wonder if Toyota is kicking themselves in the butt for not federalizing this car some way. some how. for Americans. I wrote a counterpart at Toyota and told them that I'd switch teams if they sold one here... Nope.
Someone needs to find Mr. Toyoda’s E-email address

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
36,266 Posts
Interesting speculation...

Here's the part where I take Autoblog's speculation and run with it, too. If the idea is to throw it back to the WRC wins of yore, Toyota has an iconic rally car nameplate that isn't in use right now: Celica. The Celica GT-Four was an absolute beast in the World Rally Championship, and using that recently renewed name patent for this rumored rally-inspired hot hatch would make a lot of sense.

Previous reports referred to the U.S.-bound hot hatch as the Corolla Sport GRMN, however, so all bets are off on the name. However, those reports also promised the 268-hp 1.6-liter turbo inline-three engine from the GR Yaris, all-wheel-drive and a six-speed manual, which doesn't line up with this new report, but sounds good to me. Just stop teasing us and finally send over a cool car, guys. We're tired.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Ascent & 2020 Subaru WRX
1,875 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts

Even though we got sadly shorted on the pukka classic WRX,
I still wouldn't mind having a 2.5 RS...

...saw one on the road the other day and was reminded how good looking it was.

·
Registered
8,466 Posts

Even though we got sadly shorted on the pukka classic WRX,
I still wouldn't mind having a 2.5 RS...

...saw one on the road the other day and was reminded how good looking it was.

I had a blue one. Should have kept it and made a 22B replica.

·
Registered
80 MK1 TDI, BoltEV, G8GXP
7,392 Posts
Friend had a 2.5RS in dark red as his first car, it was MINT. Ended up trading it with another friend for his 98 Trans Am.

...then traded the T/A in on a newer impreza for $500 and not once called me about it :mad:

341 - 359 of 359 Posts