VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah so i have a beat 89 corolla dx. its got a little p.o.s. 1.6l carbureted 4 banger. one day i snapped a belt (needed to be replaced anyway, im just lazy). i go and get the belt, put it on. all is good. i crank the engine with a friend checking everything underhood. ok. engine starts, smoke starts pouring from under hood. i kill it and ed says "your water pump won't turn" ......ahh ****. i bring it to the shop to have it fixed and the dude puts it on the lift. they get it running and he tells me my friend is an idiot. the water pump is fine....my oil pan is dripping on my exhaust, hence the smoke. damn, now instead of what i thought would be a $200 repair i have to shell out 500

i hate my toyota

· Registered
23,044 Posts
Re: toyota sucks (Potencia)

Quote, originally posted by Potencia »
Its an 89 ,be happy it still runs
Getting an old VW won't help things either

A Mk2 has a stronger body shell than an equivalent Toyota of the same era, Mr.Potencia VAG basher.

· Banned
14,107 Posts
Re: toyota sucks (Spaghetti_Part2)

Quote, originally posted by Spaghetti_Part2 »
the car is 14 years old. what do you want? A magic carpet?

Yeah! For once I agree with Spaghetti Part 2. Some people think car's should just run forever! The funny thing is Toyotas nearly will, but every now and then (like after 15 years) you will have to replace something.
Stop yer whining!

· Registered
42,970 Posts
Re: toyota sucks (A4Jetta)

Quote, originally posted by A4Jetta »

A Mk2 has a stronger body shell than an equivalent Toyota of the same era, Mr.Potencia VAG basher.

No, it really doesn't. Mk1s and Mk2s are tin cans. The Mk2 actually has a weaker structure than the classic Beetle, I've seen the crash test pictures to prove it. But that wasn't even the point of this thread...

· Registered
3,562 Posts
Re: toyota sucks (AKADriver)

Quote, originally posted by AKADriver »

No, it really doesn't. Mk1s and Mk2s are tin cans. The Mk2 actually has a weaker structure than the classic Beetle, I've seen the crash test pictures to prove it. But that wasn't even the point of this thread...

yep. and what about early VW reliability issues that plagued them and prevented them from strong sales in the 80's to early 90's? hmmm

· Registered
‘21 SQ5 & ‘16 Golf R
51,488 Posts
Re: YOU suck (JettaPat)

Quote, originally posted by JettaPat »
What sucks is complacent bitching.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Boohoo, my friend and I screwed up my 15 year old Corolla but I'll blame it anyway. Your Toyota sounds more reliable then your friend.

· Registered
610 Posts
Re: YOU suck (Hostile)

Damn... Don't buy a VW if you're frustrated with the Toyota. Stick to Hondas and Volvos, they're the only cars that I can think of that are higher in reliability than a Toyota.
Oh and has your trunk started to leak yet? Everyone I know who's owned an 80s Camry or Corolla has had a leaky trunk... so if it has happened yet get ready to ----- some more.

· Registered
2,985 Posts
Re: toyota sucks (mixedpartsbmx)

Quote, originally posted by mixedpartsbmx »
one day i snapped a belt (needed to be replaced anyway, im just lazy).

Ok... so you blame Toyota because you do not maintain the car properly

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.