VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
14,021 Posts
Re: Toyota takes one more step closer to NASTruck (MkIII)

i think it'll be interesting to see how well they'll do.
it's a sport that the 'Murricans been at for a while, and have pretty much worked all the little nuances and edges out of.
i'd like to see how toyota gets in there and basically tries to catch up and learn what all the other guys already got down.
...or something.

· Registered
35,288 Posts
Re: Toyota takes one more step closer to NASTruck (glxdriver)

awesome!
now i have a reason to watch the Craftsman Truck Series again
. i stopped watching after they left Watkins Glen.
obin

· Registered
2,323 Posts
Re: Toyota takes one more step closer to NASTruck (TwoLitreVW)

Bill Davis Racing got caught selling info to Toyota or something
I dont think there's anything illegal about that, but Dodge didn't think that was too nice to be getting factory support but be helping the "enemy", whether it be Ford, Chevy, or the new kid on the block. They lost all thier Dodge support because of that. Supposedly they were only helping Toyota with aerodynamics or something and nothing that related to the powerplants.
J.

· Registered
14,021 Posts
Re: Toyota takes one more step closer to NASTruck (Crazyquik)

Quote, originally posted by Crazyquik »
Supposedly they were only helping Toyota with aerodynamics or something and nothing that related to the powerplants.
J.

in the world of nascar anything, aerodynamics is not something to be filed into the "only" category. there's a reason why spoilers, ride height, and all other involved items are so closely regulated in the sport; they're a hell of an advantage when everybody's making close to the same power.

· Registered
2,323 Posts
Re: Toyota takes one more step closer to NASTruck (TwoLitreVW)

Trucks most often race on short tracks though, where aerodynamics play into effect much less due to lower speeds. Not to mention they aren't nearly as slippery as the cars either.
Its fun to watch the trucks race at Daytona, there they have more power than the Winston Cup cars since the trucks aren't running restrictor plates. Its good to be a brick sometimes http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
J.

· Registered
2,460 Posts
Re: Toyota takes one more step closer to NASTruck (Crazyquik)

Toyota entering NASCAR will just start countless retarded domestic vs. import debates. Of course, these people don't realize that the make of the vehicle has little or nothing to do with who wins. If one make has an obvious advantage, something is done to counter that advantage. It's the crew that wins the race IMO.
Then again, I don't watch NASCAR...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.