VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Banned
243 Posts
Eh gads that thing is ugly too. Yet another retro inspired poser mobile. :what:

Never was a fan of the Supra even the original. The Celica was the best sporty coupe Toyota ever had and it was affordable for most all.

·
Banned
243 Posts
He's just a troll, ignore him, he'll go away

I don't find these visually appealing in the least, but I get it
I love how the term "troll" is applied when anyone says anything that isn't considered popular on so many forums.

The new Supra is a mess. I'd say the recent Honda NSX is a mess too. Just proves you can't go home again.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I love how the term "troll" is applied when anyone says anything that isn't considered popular on so many forums.

The new Supra is a mess. I'd say the recent Honda NSX is a mess too. Just proves you can't go home again.
Nah, you're just argumentative for the sake of being argumentative, I've seen it happen in other threads too.

I used to be like you, but then I grew up.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts

No you’re just dramatic and displaying a failed attempt at edginess.

It IS ugly, but it’s in no way retro. And when called on that instead of making your point you just wet your pants and start flailing about.

·
Registered
13,530 Posts
No you’re just dramatic and displaying a failed attempt at edginess.

It IS ugly, but it’s in no way retro. And when called on that instead of making your point you just wet your pants and start flailing about.
Don't mind him, he sucks at retro. He think a car using an old name = retro. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Premium Member
TTq, OBXT, Renegade
16,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Supra with a 4-cyl Turbo?

Pass.
I believe the 4cyl was specifically designed with the same bellhousing pattern as the 2JZ, it's the one to buy if you want to swap. I don't hate the Supra, there is just no way it'd be on my list if I was looking at a new sports car.

·
Premium Member
500e, Exige
22,369 Posts
It is a grownup Miata.
That's a nice idea, but when the 4-cylinder Supra weighs 600-700 lbs more than a Miata, there isn't much in common anymore. An Alpine A110 is basically the grownup Miata. If I was outside North America, I can't imagine choosing any of the Supras over an A110 that weighs 700 lbs less.

·
Registered
F87N M2 Competition
1,652 Posts
1. How pissed are you if you bought the 2020 car? Especially for over sticker.

2. The four-pot is some 200 pounds lighter than the six, and has a true mechanical limited slip. If price comes in at just under $40K I would say it's the model to have.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
86 makes a decent Celica though :)
FTFY. Throw that turbo BMW 4 pot or a turbo boxer in the upcoming 86 and ding, ding, ding...This 4 cyl Supra would become even less relevant.

When I read the title at first I thought they just updated the ECM tuning with a more aggressive tune but it turns out the piston design is different and the they dropped the compression ratio...Looks like the first year owners did end up getting the short end of the stick. My personal criticism is that for the money there is the M240. There are plenty of 2017-2019 CPO ones, you can buy a new one with a stick, heck you can even get a X-drive one if you want an all year rounder and on top of it, it is so much practical with the rear seats. I wouldn't buy either but to me the M240 can do 99 percent of Supra can while still remaining somewhat practical. It is not like the Supra is some sort of a track monster. I am a lot more excited for the 86, it would be a lovely car with a modern turbo 4 pot. Lighter chassis and a 6 speed would more than make up for the B58's appeal.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts